interesting recipe idea, thoughts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slatorian

Reaction score
Hello fellow homebrewers,
I recently recalled having a bit of maris otter hanging around so I was trying to plan a different brew using some of the ingredients I already have as well as playing around with some other things, and I came up with this recipe for a kind of refreshing late spring beer with a tad bit of malty complexity while maintaining high drinkability paired with a smooth, aromatic, citrus, fruity hop character.

6.5 lbs Maris Otter
2 lbs Munich-10L
1 lbs flaked corn
8 oz carapils
2 oz Pacifica - 60 mins
1 oz Cascade - 10 mins
1 oz Cascade - 5 mins
Wyeast 1056 American Ale

I figured the Maris Otter and the Munich would give it some interesting malt characters and the corn could lighten the overall body a bit for that warm weather beer drinkability while not really affecting taste. the carapils is to help with head retention. Pacifica I wanted to try because the description says citrusy, fruity, and sometimes marmalade kind of flavor/aroma, and cascade because I have a decent amount of it, its nice and citrusy, has a nice aroma, and gives a smooth bitterness in the end of the boil. I'm hoping the American Ale strain will be able to dry it out a bit, although I'm also not opposed to changing it to a lager to get a cleaner profile. Any suggestions? thanks everyone :confused:

Back