Interesting graph of fermentation slowing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichardU

Reaction score
I'm fermenting a Winter Warmer and based on the sound of bubbles from my blowoff tube, the fermentation has slowed noticably in last 24 hours. When I looked at my fermentation temperature graph, I realized I could see the slowing. A day ago, you can see that the fermentation created enough heat to raise the temp quickly. (The areas where the temperature goes down are when my glycol chiller kicks in.) But as time goes by, the yeast is working less and less which makes it take longer and longer to raise the temp again (room temp is constant).

1635773019873.png

Note: The graph is from Home Assistant, and I made a Thermostat in Node Red to turn on the chiller, and notify me of any errors.

Wouldn't one expect that? I think we pretty much all agree that most of the sugars are converted to alcohol in a few days or even less.

This isn't the entire graph from putting in the fermenter till now is it. I'm thinking you omitted the earlier part where fermentation temps were ramping up which would have showed something like this graph in reverse but maybe a more accelerated and shorter time period.

Kinda typical I think. THe highest temp created by yeast when it is working hard, putting out heat. Example
1635782533378.png

Back