Interesting Bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrookedRootsBrewing

Reaction score
So I was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere to buy non-typical beer bottles, bottles like the ones used by Red Hook, Odell, and Circus Freak Brewing. I understand these companies have their bottles made for them, but I can't imagine there isn't somewhere out there that has something similar.

Apologies if there is already a thread on this... (I am a rookie)

Cheers!

In most cases if you want anything but standard 12oz longnecks you will have to buy a full pallet. Also some of the more non-typical bottles like 375ml champagne bottles will run around $.90 wholesale as they are typically an imported item. So with over 1000 bottles on the pallet you're looking at a lot of dough.

Buy them in the grocery store and drink what's inside. I'm digging on the Guiness bottles right now with the shrink plastic labels. Drink, rinse and run a blade down the side to peel the label and you're ready for sanitizer at bottling day. Plus the bottle are very cool.

I used Odell bottles for my wedding favors - took almost a year to horde 225 of those bad boys. A lot of 5 Barrel was consumed in the process!

My first batch that went into glass bottles (post Mr. Beer days) used a Guinness type bottle. They look similar to 12oz longnecks, but the shoulder is a little higher up and nicely rounded.

just find a cool bottle and get a 12 pack and slowly drink them, it's what most of us do... not sure of a site though.
although these, i love. it's not horrible beer for $2 and instant fun factor

url

I like the new Red Hook bottles. I also like the more stubby bottles; I think they have more character. Some of my favorite are the Guinness 250 anniversary bottles. However, I don't care about the bottle shape so much that I chose beers to drink for the bottles.

Back