installing dual tap faucet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfree

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've got a question about how to install a dual faucet shank like this one: http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-beer/taps-faucets-pid-BE-DF8-3.html.

Here's my set-up. I am dispensing two beer lines from an Haier undercounter kegerator to a dual faucet shank with two faucets. The faucets will be located on vertical panel on the front of a cabinet (i.e., there is no tower).

I am keeping the beer cold by using a blower in the kegerator like in this setup: http://www.micromatic.com/beer-questions/dispense-keg-beer-away-from-refrigerator-aid-419.html.

Essentially, I have two beer lines and the blower line housed in an insulated 2" ID flexible insulated tubing connected to the dual faucet shank, so the beer should stay cold (only a 5 ft run).

Here's my question. If you look at the dual faucet shank, you will see that where the two 3/16" stainless beer lines project from the shank, they are bent and extend quite a bit wider than the shank itself. If I am to install the shank through a flat vertical panel of a cabinet, I will need to drill a hole. I also need for the hole to fit snugly to the shank. This is made impossible to drill a smaller guage hole to allow a tight fit since the two beer lines are bent and increase the diameter of the hole necessary to allow the beer lines to pass through the panel.

Any suggestions on how to install the shank through the panel and also achieve a snug fit of the hole to the shank.

My only solution so far is to try to bend the beer lines to reduce their footprint which must pass through the pilot hole, but I'm afraid that I might break them or weaken them.

Much thanks, A newbie

I think a photo would help. You should not have a problem bending the lines as they are SS steal which is strong even in thinner gauges. Just be care full not to kink the line however!

thanks! I used some vice grips and bent it just fine, and it should be very easy to install now! double faucets flowing with nectar... here I come!

Back