Inline TC Gasket Filters?!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biertourist

Reaction score
I've got a TC ferrule welded into the "out" on my Mashtun and my kettle and I just came across TC gaskets with stainless mesh that should theoretically at least, have the ability to act as a basic filter; has anyone used these in practice?

-I'm thinking about using a very course 10 mesh between my MLT and the MLT Ball valve and then a 20 or 40 mesh screen immediately after the ball valve to filter out husk material when recirculating. -Actually... I've got a 2" TC straight out the bottom of my mashtun so that would be a lot more surface area...

http://www.brewerygaskets.com/silicone-screen-gaskets.html

Adam

I wouldn't even dream of trying to use this with my kettle as it would certainly clog in a HURRY, but if you're already using a trub filter, I guess you could add one final level of filtration on the TC out gasket...

Adam

Doesn't seem like a good idea. If you're using a false bottom in the bottom of your MLT, I think it would be best to just vorlauf and use the grain bed as the filter. If you have a pump, you can recirculate the output of the MLT back into the top of the MLT and you'll get very good filtration just through the grain bed.

This is what I do and I see very clear wort going into my boil kettle.

Latest posts

Back