Inline GFI 30a 240v setup - Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

732Brewer

Reaction score
I have searched the forum and found a lot of outdated topics and some which aren't exactly what I am looking for. With that said, I am wanting to use my 3prong dryer outlet, pass that thru a GFI, and then to my heater.

I found the following GFI which should be correct:
30 Amp, 240 Volt, Manual Reset, 2' Flying Lead - PGFI-2301N
http://www.gfcistore.com/30-amp-inline-gfcis.html

And the dryer cable looks like this:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002R0DXNM/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

--------------------------

I am having a real hard time finding a local shop that has the following parts (since they only have products for smaller line/gauge).

My question is the following (this is for 30a 240v):

I need a good webpage that is selling the following at good prices:
1.) 30a terminal block - to connect from the wall to the gfi then gfi to heater
2.) wire terminals - to hook the cable correctly to the blocks
3.) waterproof junction box

I understand this is an easy question for some but I am not fluid with electrical connections and need help with making sure I am picking out the correct parts. Much thanks for those that can let me know where to buy the correct products at good prices. Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a heads up, that's a 25ms response, I think you want at least 5ms. I know it doesn't seem like anything in real time. But I guess it could be the difference between living another day or not.

Just a heads up, that's a 25ms response, I think you want at least 5ms. I know it doesn't seem like anything in real time. But I guess it could be the difference between living another day or not.

Oh good find - I didn't know that was also a factor. Glad I posted this - I wonder if that has something to do with it being inline?

Back