Inkbird ITC-106 Manual Control

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazyjakcracker

Reaction score
The last time I checked, no one had quite figured out to get manual output control on an ITC-106. I stumbled on it today, and wanted to share my findings:

To go into Manual Output mode:
With the PID in auto mode, depress the left arrow ("AT/RUN") button for a few seconds. The "RUN" indicator on the display will illuminate. Now, hit the SET button. you will see "A <number>". The <number> is the output of the controller. Now you can use the up and down arrows to change the output, and the PID does not affect the output.

To go back into Auto mode:
Hold the left arrow ("AT/RUN") button until the "RUN" indicator turns off.

Hope this helps someone else!

I'm getting my electric brewery going, and was trying to run the auto-tuning on my ITC-106VH yesterday. I wish I would have seen this beforehand!

In hitting buttons (in lieu of actually reading the manual, I know I know...), I managed to turn on manual power mode doing this. I had the CTRL option set as PID still, so I thought it was working, but the element wasn't firing. So I freaked out, opened the panel up, everything looked good. Finally figured out that running aT with A 0 meant that it was trying to run, but wasn't actually supplying the element any power.

So three important lessons learned: RTFM! Second, you can leave on PID mode, but still manually control the power. I had thought that turning on manual power would have automatically forced it into on/off mode. Third, RTFM again!

Ok, so I bought an inkbird 106 with the intention of using PID control for mashing and manual mode for boiling. Once I got I hooked up, even with the (totally useless) manual I could not for the life of me figure out how to get it into manual mode. Turns out the operation mode needs to be in auto mode!

Thanks for this post, I was just starting to think about returning the PID controller.

Latest posts

Back