Inkbird Calibration Failure

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaky6

Reaction score
My Inkbird ITC-1000 had a massive temp calibration shat-the-bed and froze my beer. It was reading 45*F with the probe in a block of ice. I know you can set calibration on this but I've never seen it go out 10-20 degrees before. While I'm waiting to thaw I'm wondering if the probe is no good.
1544381519693~2.jpeg
1544381565883~2.jpeg

Late to the party but I am on my third ink bird in a year. I also had my probes submerged in water. I’m thinking the water shortens the life span of the probe.

Anyone else have this issue???

Keeps the temp from swinging when you open the keezer. You don’t have to submerge the temp sensor. I bought a replacement probe and made my own thermowell. It’s been my experience that leaving the probe submerged in water shortens the life span.

I have always heard that it is very risky to put any probe directly in liquid. Either pin it to the side of a fermenter or keg with insulation over it, or use a thermowell. I suspect that water or wort got inside the probe.

Back