Injected Air in to Secondary by Mistake...Is my Brew Done For???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Franzi

Reaction score
I used the bottling attachment that goes on the easy siphon tubing for the first time yesterday. Stupid me held the attachment in one hand, as I pumped the siphon to get things flowing. Not realizing (read, being a moron) that I was supposed to put the bottler inside a bottle as to begin the flow, I injected some huge-ass bubbles in to my secondary...not once, but twice.

The question is: How serious of an effect, or, what kind of effect will those two pumps of oxygen have on the beer? Is it garbage now or is there still hope for my brew?

Thank you.

Still plenty of hope. I wouldn't worry about it. You might get some oxygenation if you let the beer sit around for a long. Just drink it up when it's ready and RDWHAHB

RDWHAHB. Your beer will be just fine. Now, if you told me you dropped an aeration stone in there for 10 minutes....

Thanks for the heads up zero. I just threw 48 bottles of my oxygenated brew against a brick wall.

BTW, WTF does RDWHAHB stand for?

Franzi said:
Thanks for the heads up zero. I just threw 48 bottles of my oxygenated brew against a brick wall.

BTW, WTF does RDWHAHB stand for?

Relax,
Don't
Worry
Have
A
Homebrew!

Latest posts

Back