Infusion mash tun tsp cleaning question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GJOCONNELL

Reaction score
I finally got my 20 gallon infusion mash tun and I have a small liquid bottle of tsp.

My question is how many gallons of tsp do I need to clean or can I just make a couple gallons and wipe the mash tun with the tsp solution?

Want to make sure I do this right and give the mash tun a proper cleaning.

Was going to follow with star San spray down and let sit for the passiviation phase then maybe a light nylon brush scrub down with warm water and soap then rinse clean.

Was thinking of making 3 gallons of tsp solution per instructions wiping everything down and let sit then rinse follow with star San spray down then soap and water....what says hbt?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something. If this is a mash tun, just clean it and you're ready to go. No need to sanitize. Anything you mash in it will be boiled later.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something. If this is a mash tun, just clean it and you're ready to go. No need to sanitize. Anything you mash in it will be boiled later.

Reading the instructions ss brewtech recommends a tsp rinse then a star San pass for passiviation. I think the tsp is too remove any residual manufacturing oils that may be present before first use.

If it is SS then barkeepers friend will be another choice for clean/passivate. Really great stuff for any "stained" SS.

Back