Indiana Newbie

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myrakkel

Reaction score
I have been browsing the forum for the past few months. Just recently found a new hoobby, and by chance it landed me here. Broke down and finally decided to make my presence known and throw out a newbie post. Only been brewing for a few months. Just about to keg my first AG brew. I am hoping it comes out alright. The heat source in my fermenting freezer decided to blow out (had a shop spotlight wrapped in foil). Usually I check the fermenter every night once I get in from work, been a long weekend and I missed a few days. When I checked it last night, the Loves control read 48 degrees. I am fermenting a german wheat beer and it has been through the primary for 10 days and in the secondary for nearly 14. I am hoping the cold crash doesn't leave some lingering flavors and has had a chance to condition them all out. Is it safe to bring the tempature back up to 70 degrees to see if there is still yeast in suspension? Yeast strain was a White Labs 351.

Cheers, and thanks for the wealth of knowledge you guys have provided!

Back