Incoming bottle bombs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slothorentropy

Reaction score
Just went to take a look at the bottles of the Oktoberfest that I describe in this thread. I knew something was wrong from the moment I picked one up; weird, chunky foam on top of the beer and a ring of crud around the neck of the bottle at the level of the liquid, something I've read about before as a sign of infection. Took one into the kitchen to open it and take a look. The instant I cracked the pint bottle the whole thing shot out about two feet in the air, emptying the bottle in half a second. As I was mopping up the counter and kitchen floor I reflected that it didn't small half bad, but that this batched is effed in the a.

I should sewer this ish post-haste, yeah? The bottles are in a closet four feet from my bed. :eek:

Also worth noting that I carbed this one to style (or so I thought)--4.2oz corn sugar aiming for 2.5vols C02 (fermentation temp was 62F).

i'd get rid of all of them that have nasty crud in the bottle. they can plant shrapnel in lampshades, the carpet, in the back of the wife's computer chair... not that i'd know :eek:

Back