Immortale clone, AHS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopTrap

Reaction score
Anyone brewed this? I have fallen in love ever since tasting this on tap at the Ale House in Falls Church. Any input would be great as I consider this kit.

Never got any intel on this kit from anyone, but after getting a gift certificate from my in-laws I decided to pull the trigger on it. Should be here this week and I will commence to brewing it up as quickly as possible. I saw others looking for Immort Clones so I will be sure to let everyone know how it turns out.

I got the kit and was impressed by the size of it. Just about 22 lbs of grain for this 5 gallon beer. I am actually holding until Christmas break to brew this with some incoming family, but I will post my notes once I do.

Well, life got the best of me for the past year, but I finally got around to brewing this beast up today. Hit 1.100, which was about the target gravity. Used a yeast starter to ensure a good take off and man the thing is going crazy. I put it in a 7 gallon pail with a blow off tube and in 6 hours it has bulged the top of the lid and over flowed my blow off vessel. Just spent 10 minutes cleaning everything off. With two gallons of head space and a blow off I was surprised to see things get so hot and heavy, but it's better than having it not kick off!

Should spend a week in the primary and then off to the secondary with some French Oak Chips. Bottle about a week after than and two weeks in the bottle and ready for Christmas. The directions say 4 weeks in the bottle, but I don;t think it will hurt to pop a few for the holidays!

Back