Immersion chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John475

Reaction score
I'm going to make my own IC. My question is do they normally sit on the bottom of the kettle? It's a 10 Gal pot. I plan on using 1/2 inch copper tubing 50'

What he said ^^^^^

About a year ago, I stopped using a counter flow chiller and have gone back exclusively to an immersion chiller. For my style of brewing, my brew day, its just a better fit. For example, I love the way I get a ridiculous cold break with the immersion chiller.

Let us know how your build goes - pictures are always great!

What he said ^^^^^

About a year ago, I stopped using a counter flow chiller and have gone back exclusively to an immersion chiller. For my style of brewing, my brew day, its just a better fit. For example, I love the way I get a ridiculous cold break with the immersion chiller.

Let us know how your build goes - pictures are always great!
I've used an immersion chiller since I started (not the same one since my volumes have grown). Counter flows always scared me for sanitation reasons. Always paranoid what's in the places I can't see. Just like you, for me the immersion chiller fits my system....add a whirlpool and voila!

Back