Immersion Chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brehuh

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 30 foot immersion brewVint chiller but now I am doing 10 gallon batches. I think it's going to be a slow cool down, should I either get a larger chiller, if so how big, or should I get a pre-chiller? I am a little strapped for cash since I just got my all grain set up and a barley crusher.

You could kinda do both - get a 50' chiller to be your new main chiller and use your old one as a pre-chiller. Probably cheaper than a plate or counterflow + fittings and stuff.

Yeah I was thinking of getting a plate chiller, but the simplicity of the immersion chiller is nice, super easy to clean and will never clog. Yeah I was thinking about keeping the 30 foot one as a pre-chiller.

Agreed. I still really like my 25' immersion chiller for the same reasons. I'm thinking about augmenting it with a smaller pre-chiller for summer brew days though. Ground water here is already warming up a little bit.

Back