• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Immersion Chiller For Sale - $25

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You complained about being misled and then are trying to do the same thing back to the people in this community? Sad man :(

What are the dimensions of the chiller. Didn't you say it could fit in a coffee can? Just cause you got ripped off doesn't mean you should screw somebody else. UN-COOL!

What are the dimensions of the chiller. Didn't you say it could fit in a coffee can? Just cause you got ripped off doesn't mean you should screw somebody else. UN-COOL!

Again I don't see how this is screwing someone. He linked to the original AD and added that it was 1/4 copper tubing. If the original AD had specified 1/4 tubing no argument could be made for him getting screwed. All I see here is someone trying to recoup some of the money he paid for an item that wasn't what he wanted/expected the AD is very deceptive about the size of the chiller.

I agree with jspence. He's being perfectly straightforward in listing it as 50' of 1/4" copper. The ripoff occurred when he bought it assuming that it was bigger tubing. (That said, how you could buy a 50' 3/8" or 0.5" chiller new for $30 is beyond me...)

Might work nicely as a pre-chiller.

Not that anyone cares, but I always get annoyed when people complain in other peoples listings about the product offered. He didnt ask anyone's opinions in here. He only asked if anyone wanted to buy it and then clearly stated what it was. No one cares that you dont want to buy it personally and there is no need to tell us you personally dont want it. Someone will probably want it.

/end_rant

Thanks for those sticking up for me AND that read the full listing. I clearly stated that this was 1/4" copper (it's the first part of the listing!!!), which is what I had a problem with in my other thread. Some people on here are either jackasses or can't read, I just don't know which yet.

This chiller is not defective; it simply isn't as big as I need it to be for 10 gallon batches. Other people have had success with it, so I'm sure it works fine for 5 gallon batches. You also won't have to worry about poor customer service as I wouldn't want someone to be mislead like I was.

If you want a CHEAP chiller, you can't go wrong with this one (for smaller batches).

So did this chiller actually cool down 5 gallons? I was wondering about offering 1/4 inch chillers if folks would be interested I dont know the calculations but I thought I read somewhere that 3/8 is much more efficient but if 1/4 worked and saved people money I'd be interested in selling them. I sell a 3/8 one but a 1/4 may be a nice addition or like someone said as a prechiller.

I think it would make a terrific prechiller, as mentioned. I don't need one at the moment, but I plan on getting one by next summer.

I see nothing wrong with this ad- $25 is a good deal, and he's being upfront and honest about it. 1/4" copper is what he said.

Back