Im stoked I got my rhizomes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kryolla

Reaction score
I got 4 cascade rhizomes in yesterday and I plan on planting them this weekend. Im just going to let nature take its course and we shall see if they grow. If not them I am out $20 no big deal. I dont have time to take care of them. Also got 5 oz of cascades from them, all I have used so far is pellets. Got some plugs from my LHBS of NB and Williamette. Do people use whole hops and plugs for bittering or just use pellets for bittering and plugs/whole hops for flavor and aroma or it doesnt matter. Thanks

They will do well if you place them in full sunlight and make sure they get plenty of water without drowning them.

Any form of hops will work, but people like pellets because they are compact and easy to use. Whole leafs are more popular for dry-hopping due to being easier to separate from the beer when it's time to bottle.

There is no reason you can't use whole hops for everything.

I got them from fresh hops. I am going to string some twine to 2 trees making a V shape and plant 1 rhizome, another behind my shed, and maybe some where my deck is at. We have a local yard recycle plant that has compost for free so I will be using that.

Back