I'm OK with drinking BMC... Are you?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course! On a hot day, at the ball park, at a cookout, etc. It's not my favorite, but it has its place.

The Highlife is always good to have on hand...I like to stick one up the chickens butt before I put it in the oven too....mmmmm...beer can chicken......

I'll buck the trend. I don't drink it, don't like it, and don't care for the business practices of InBev.

If a friend offers me one, I decline. If I go to a party and that is all that is there, I go to the store and pick up better beer, plus some to share, then return to the party. If that's all that's on the menu at the restaurant I drink water or soda.

Life is too short to drink beer I don't like.

I have a friend who brings BMC or worse to parties and drinks the good stuff.....man I ended up with some crap in my fridge after that party.

That's right. I'll drink a BMC every now and then and I find it to be perfectly acceptable. Do I think it's great beer? No. Do I like it? Sometimes.

Here's how I see it... There are a couple items on the menu at Taco Bell that I kinda like. Now, when I'm in the mood for mexican food do I think of those items? No. Sometimes though I really want some Taco Bell.

Same thing with BMC. 95% of the time I would much prefer to stay away. But there is that 5%... Is it when I'm in the mood for good beer? No. Sometimes though one or six bottles of BMC sounds good.

So there... :D

I won't touch the stuff, much less drink it; I won't even cook with it.
If you like it, more for you. If it's a choice between BMC or water, I'll take water every time. Regards, GF.

I used Bud Light in a super soaker once because I didn't want to waste the water.

beerloaf

No I'm not ok with BMC, and its only about the flavor. Light American lagers taste like sh* t to me and I'll order water instead of it every time.

Life would be easier if I could enjoy drinking those beers, but I can't, and so I won't.

Usually no BMC for me. I wont say i'll never have one again but I dont enjoy them anymore. Why waste my liver on something I really dont like.

BMC is quite refreshing. Ice cold can of coors light on a hot day...kayaking, fishing, doing yard work, etc. It's what... 98% water?

I will drink any BMC that I don't have to buy. I have a friend whos BMC beer tastes awsome:cross:

+1.

if it's free, I ain't gonna ***** about it. I have a buddy who thinks those stupid miller lite mini kegs are the best thing since sliced bread, so I get a lot of that some weekends.

We had a birthday party for my daughter's 1st birthday. It was coincidence (poor planning) that I didn't have and homebrew for the adult guest. My wife goes out for a beer run and brings back 2 can cases of MILLER LITE!!??!!

bniesen said:
We had a birthday party for my daughter's 1st birthday. It was coincidence (poor planning) that I didn't have and homebrew for the adult guest. My wife goes out for a beer run and brings back 2 can cases of MILLER LITE!!??!!

O no. Yea my wife is still on the miller lite. I get angry everytime I open the fridge and see it. I'm slowly trying to convert her over to something that actually taste better than water. I haven't touch the stuff in a long time and don't plan on it. The tipping point for me was when I watch the documentary "beer wars". Anyone else seen it?

I haven't seen "Beer Wars" but I have heard of it. Yeah, the wife is a converted Miller Lite fan and now prefers New Glarus Spotted Cow over everything else (I introduced her to better beers).
I tried making a Spotted Cow clone (cream style ale, kolsch yeast, good part of the grain bill is flaked corn), didn't come out too bad but wasn't really close enough as I didn't cold crash the Kolsch yeast after primary fermentation was done. My bad, right.
I just bottled a Honey Cream Ale that I think will blow her socks off in a couple of weeks though.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that gives his wife a little cr@p for buying the cheap stuff sometimes.

bniesen said:
I'm glad I'm not the only one that gives his wife a little cr@p for buying the cheap stuff sometimes.

Haha yea it's frustrating when I make good home brew and then I look over and she is enjoying a glass of miller lite. I guess over time she will acquire more of a taste for it. Hopefully

Damnit woman, assimilate or get the F out! I'm kidding of course. But yeah, I try to make some brews that will get her away from buying beer at the store so I can enjoy my hobby more often. She does like the apple wine though :tank:

Damnit woman, assimilate or get the F out! I'm kidding of course. But yeah, I try to make some brews that will get her away from buying beer at the store so I can enjoy my hobby more often. She does like the apple wine though :tank:

ive managed to get SWMBO to try dark milds, coffee stouts, brown ales, kolsch's and a few others that she has really liked. now she makes the "bitter beer face" when she drinks miller or coors. i love that woman. she's not a hop fan, but thats ok. im trying to make some lower SG beers so i can have something for a hot day (thats not a BMC). i used to drink miller and coors, and still will if its free, but i have never been able to stomach budweiser.

Back