I'm looking at buying this off of my brother.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EoinMag

Reaction score
He's changed over to playing bass in a Ska band and no longer plays the Tele.

It's a '52 reissue but has had the electrics upgraded, I might look at downgrading it again just to check out the sound, maybe not though as my brother reckoned that it was an unacceptable sound for a modern guitar.

It's a very nice machine so far, I think I will get it eventually, he wants 1,000 euros for it which works out about 1,350USD, there's a Marshall 80W amp with it which I'll probably get for another 100 or so on top.

I don't and probably will never play in a band, but it's a nice machine and kinda straddles electric and acoustic sounds which is what I like so much about the Tele.

175478_10150140120685746_578075745_7930550_6897732_o.jpg

Got to play on a Tele once when I was a teenager and it was pretty nice. Great sound though. If you are playing blues and such it's hard to beat in stock mode with a good amp.

The amp is a Marshall G80RCD 100W amp, it's nothing special but it's nice none the less.

I would primarily play blues, and am looking into learning some bluegrass so this should be just the ticket for me :)

Presently I'm really getting off on the classic tele sound.

Thats a great guitar, one that you could play for a lifetime. What does one run brand new over there? You can pick it up new for $1599 here, but I know that US guitars typically run much higher in Europe and other parts of the world.

You might look at picking up a Fender Blues Jr in the tweed finish to match the vibe of the guitar and give you a killer blues tone.

Thats a great guitar, one that you could play for a lifetime. What does one run brand new over there? You can pick it up new for $1599 here, but I know that US guitars typically run much higher in Europe and other parts of the world.

You might look at picking up a Fender Blues Jr in the tweed finish to match the vibe of the guitar and give you a killer blues tone.

I just looked at one of the Dublin dealers and it's listed at 1799eur or 2400USD, it's reduced and was previously at 2700USD.

There is a huge price difference alright. But even buying this at this price I'm still saving on a new US price.

I'm thinking it needs tubes alright, but at the moment this amp would go with it at a killer price, so won't be looking at that possibility just yet.

The amp is a Marshall G80RCD 100W amp, it's nothing special but it's nice none the less.

I would primarily play blues, and am looking into learning some bluegrass so this should be just the ticket for me :)

Presently I'm really getting off on the classic tele sound.

That's a great axe for country or blues, for sure, but you won't be playing any "real" bluegrass on it. NO electric guitars in bluegrass! Try a good acoustic or a mandolin.

Had a nice Fender Deluxe Reverb Amp from the 60's at one time that needed work. traded it to and form a friend a couple of times. It's currently in his hands. I always wanted to try it out on a nice guitar like that. I never really got into the blues, but that Tele is a great pickin guitar and with a decent TUBE amp will really sound great.

With price differences like that I'd suggest getting it and plan to upgrade the amp to tube if it's not already. There are plenty of old tube amps that still sound fantastic on the used market. Well, over here anyway...

Sweet guitar, you'll definitely enjoy it.

As far as amps go, I just bought an Egnater Rebel 30 Combo, and that thing is amazing. Beautiful tones across the board.

That's a great axe for country or blues, for sure, but you won't be playing any "real" bluegrass on it. NO electric guitars in bluegrass! Try a good acoustic or a mandolin.

I get you with the no electrics in Bluegrass thing, blues is more my leaning. But I have a semi decent acoustic already.

DSCF0005.jpg

So, I'm making the first part payment on this today. Half the cash, the other half next week when my loan comes through that I organised for it.

Every time I play this guitar I like it more and more.

I never thought I wanted an electric as I don't find them all that interesting to play at home in a solo setting, but this thing as said before straddles so many genres with just playing with the toggle switch and the pots that I love it.

Wooohoo to owning a guitar which I can hopefully pass onto my 3 year old as an heirloom, even if he never played it, it might pay for a year in college for him by then ;)

I got a new toy today to back up the tele, I did have it through a marshall, but my brother took it back so now I got me an Epiphone Valve Junior that's had the J1 mod done on it already by the previous owner.
329501_10150345952315746_578075745_9617425_1159373_o.jpg

Due to the low feature set on the amp I got a Line 6 pocket pod to back it up with and allow me to throw in all the effects I'll need playing it at home.

pocket-pod-1.jpg

Back