Im finally doin it tonight.......

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tophe

Reaction score
I have a ton of anxiety going right now, because in about 7 hours I'll be droppin down to a knee to make my lovely girlfriend into my fiance....

She has no clue that its coming tonight either. Were going to a nice place for dinner tonight because she thinks I got another gift card from work(they give them out here ). Actually I bought the thing myself to fool her, then we'll order dessert and they'll bring out the ring instead on a nice serving tray with a lid on it and I'll do the one knee plunge.....

The hardest part will be sitting through the dinner and keeping my composure. We have been together for 5 years and livin together for 4 so its about time.....

I can't wait to see her face when she opens the lid...Im sure she'll start ballin.

:mug:

Congrats man hope everything goes well, sounds like you have it nicely planned with the restaurant. Did you call them ahead and see if they can accommodate you on your big night?

Don't do it Bro--!! Buy a Jeep instead.

JK, good luck, and congratulations!:mug:

I went down there last friday and talked to them and had a beer at the bar. Im stoppin there on my way home to give them the ring.

Congrats man. It is a nerve racking time. I think I was more nervous asking her father's permission though. But on the night I did it I had that ring in my pocket and couldn't take my hand out. It's all worth it though.

Congrats man. Other than having a kid thats probably the most stressful thing to do. When I asked my fiance I was stressed out for a week. I took her down to vegas to "see my family"(thats what i told her atleast), and took her to Bobby Flays restuarant and asked her there. I did it at the end of dinner too, I kinda wish i did it at the beginning so i could have enjoyed my dinner more. haha. Once again congrats on the upcoming engagement.

Awesome, congrats! You'll be a bundle of nerves during dinner, but it's only temporary.

Make sure at least one of your cell phones has a full battery. She's gonna be making a lot of phone calls on the ride home!

You dumb bastard! Nah, I kidd! That's awesome dude, congrats! We want to see pics of the ring later... and any other fun stuff that ensues!

marriage will be the happiest and the worst times of your life.

Begin to learn to compromise, even when everything in your body says NOOOO!

trust me, it will make life easier. And yes, you have been living together for some time but like my dad always told me "once they get the hook in, it all changes"

In this case the hook is the ring.

This is of course from a joke he tells.

"why is there hair around the Pu##y? To hide the hook" :drunk:

I always thought he was full of crap. I now intend to pass it on to a son if i have one, and my nephew for sure.

Haha much more classy than how I did it :drunk:

I bought her ring in the morning and freaked out about having it on me all day. I did NOT want to loose that!

Congrats!
:mug:

congrats......better than me.....after living together for 3 years, my girlfriend decided we were getting married......2 weeks into planning the wedding(to the point she informed her parents and mine) she asked if that was that alright with me :drunk: :D no getting down on one knee, no engagement.....she set a date, planned the wedding completely in 3 weeks and sat around for 2 months waiting for the day to get here.............we have been married almost 3 years now and couldnt be happier

Good luck, man!

I proposed to my (now) wife at our favorite restaurant up in Burlington (VT). Pulled out the ring and asked her "We gonna do this thing?"

Try and be a little bit more romantic than me, m'kay?

Congrats! With as long as you two have been together I'm sure that the night will go well and she'll be glad that you finally popped the question.

Jester369 said:
Which restaurant?

Sadly, the Five Spice Cafe... :(

Have you been to the new place that's in its spot since it burned? We've decided that Noonan's pub is our new must-go-to place when we're up north, but we'll miss the Five Spice... the best wings, the best soup, the best Asian food we've had anywhere. Plus, they gave us champagne when we stopped there for lunch on our way home from our honeymoon (Montreal).

Ahhh...brings back memories when the wife and I decided to be married. It was in the laundrymat. :D

That was 30 years ago.

Congrats!! Don't stress all day.... today is the beginning of the rest of your life with the woman you love!!

Interesting, all the married guys are sayin' don't do it! Not me, I say congrats and good luck!!! Misery loves company , ya know.......:D

J/K congratulations!!! I hope you picked as good a spouse as I did!

Thanks for all the words of encouragement guys. I just cant wait to see her face when she sees the ring. She is going to melt I just know it. I might even have to cry a little...lol.

I can post up some pics of the ring, I think it is sweet, it blings like crazy in the sun. I'l wait til she can model it though for you guys.

~Tophe

Yeah, she is great....I pretty much get to do whatever I want as long as I take care of her. I don't see anything changing with her from getting married.

She camps, fishes, boats, and will do all that other stuff with me...Oh, and she also likes to drink beer with me!

Tophe.....good luck! I held on to my ring for a week. I kept it at home in the safe. When my future wife came over and I went to get the ring, it took me a good 5 minutes to figure out the combonation to the safe. My hands were shaking terribly and I couldn't remember the numbers. :D We had dated 8 years, so she had given up hope of marriage.

Ohh, and don't be surprised if you don't get much attention afterwords. Mine barely talked to me after I popped the question. She was on the phone with everybody else telling them!!!! ;)

Congrats!

I remember nothing of the dinner I took SWMBO to when I proposed. I was too nervous. +1 on proposing BEFORE dinner, so you can enjoy it.

Soulive said:
Just remember, diamonds = EF :cross:

THERE IT IS!

I was waiting for someone else to make the EF comment for a change. :D

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawrrrrrr!

See if they will bring these out on the tray as well. You might as well get it over with.
big%20truck%20balls.jpg

Congrats I hope you two have a long and happy life together.

Congrats. Maybe once you join the ranks of the condemned, you can brew more and get that post count up a bit...

538 posts in three years...??? :D

Here's hoping she says yes...

Joker said:
See if they will bring these out on the tray as well. You might as well get it over with.
big%20truck%20balls.jpg

Congrats I hope you two have a long and happy life together.

Shouldn't those be in a Ziploc bag of some sort to ensure that they don't get damaged for when his fiance stores them in the freezer? lol

My guess is that he's making the circuit (of her friends and family) being shown off to everybody...like some sort of captured trophy.

They're prolly already talking dates, dresses, churches, cakes, caterers, transportation, invite list....

I'm afraid we've seen the last of good ole...Tophe... ;)

CONGRATS!!!! I just did it 3 weeks ago. It is a great feeling that overwhelms you after you do it and she says yes.!

I certainly hope it went well. The only thing that stressed me more than proposing was asking her Father about it first! I sweat through a shirt while on the phone with him.

TL

Bernie Brewer said:
Shhh, don't disturb them. They prolly haven't left the bedroom yet.:rockin:

Oooorrrrr... She said no!
Ohsnap!

Tophe, what's the word, congrats or im sorry?
Or is it im sorry either way?

TexLaw said:
I certainly hope it went well. The only thing that stressed me more than proposing was asking her Father about it first! I sweat through a shirt while on the phone with him.

TL

Damn, you're old-fashioned, dude! Or is that just how they do it in Texas?

Latest posts

Back