Im finally doin it tonight.......

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope it all went well for yah brother!

Me and my wife had been dating for 5 years before I popped the question. That night I took her to the beach, I had her in front of me and we were looking at the full moon over the ocean. I reached in my back pocket to pull out the ring and she said 'You scratchin your ass?'. *****.... :D

I told her I was thinking about slipping it on her finger when she was asleep and let her figure it out the next morning. She thought that would have been so cool

Best mistake I ever made ;)

the_bird said:
Damn, you're old-fashioned, dude! Or is that just how they do it in Texas?

Texas folks are just that way. Gentlemen.

My daughter is a freshman out on the Left coast in San Diego at school. She made the observation that Texas boys are more polite than Southern California boys.

Interesting...

The suspense is killing me. Someone find out which restaurant this was and call them to find out the answer!

Sorry guys...Had a busy weekend! She said yes of course, and everything went awesome and as planned. She did not expect it at all and they brought the ring out on the tray for our dessert, I pulled the lid off, and she saw the ring and started ballin. I tapped on my glass right before to get attention and then I got a big applaus. My nerves didnt show at all, I didnt quite eat all my dinner cause of my stomach, but it made a great midnight snack later that night.

I'll post up pics of the bling later , she LOVES the ring too.

Congratulations, and my deepest sympathies as well...

Congratulations man, I am currently looking around at rings. Not planning on purchasing for several months, but just getting in that mindset is a bit unnerving. Can't imagine how crazy your nerves were when you were with her that night!

Congrats again and pony up the pics

the_bird said:
Damn, you're old-fashioned, dude! Or is that just how they do it in Texas?

I asked my father-in-law for his approval as well. But did that in person, while I was stying with them that holiday season. I had no where to run!

Oh, and I'm from Jersey...:ban:

I wanted to ask her fathers permission too, but she wouldnt' let me. She was crying when we told her parents, and they thought we were going to tell them she was pregnant! Her parents are pretty cool, and I feel like I've known them all my life.

I've been married 15 years, and it is better all the time. Even through school, kids house, work...

Back