Im about to give up now

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
05m50dan said:
Do not use aluminum pots! This will add to off flavors! Use a Stainless Steel pot!

I use stainless ...but my buddy use's aluminum and his turn out fine.

jonmohno said:
What kind of commercial beers do you think are good or are your favorite? You can make good beer it takes practice,troubleshooting your problems, sometimes its the ingredients maybe the yeast your using.I think my beers are ok after 3 weeks then they just get really good great or pretty good- just better than the first 3,make shure you hang on to most or some of them and let them conditon for another month or two and try them out every few weeks in between.Like others are suggesting. You can figure it out,sometimes it just takes some asking questions or researching. I recommend finding out what people are saying of certain yeasts or hops or anything,although you may not agree you may find similarities or patterns with certain methods,styles ,ingredients.
Are you making your own recipes? ive found the first few i put some things together and found they were just the ok beers, but ive also made my own really good ones.Alot of times im finding that subbing ingredients in recipes that you have doesnt always work out like you planned.There are a alot of variables. Im glad i can say ive never made a butt-beer or dumper.Ok to awesome just like many commercial craft brews

I'm a Sam Adams kind of guy.

The best way to try and get the issue dialed in is to go to a local homebrew club meeting and bring a growler with you. Experienced tasters are quite likely to be able to tell you what might be happening.

+1 on that. At one point I lost 2 Batches and was ready to quit. My fermentation temperature was just to high. 8$ swamp cooler and all is well!

RugenBrau said:
+1 on that. At one point I lost 2 Batches and was ready to quit. My fermentation temperature was just to high. 8$ swamp cooler and all is well!

That's exactly what I'm going to do. When I find the time and when I'm not drinking.

Why don't you try a few grain/extract brews? They're very good and you'll lighten up your workload a bit. Try a brew with DME as your base malt and steeped specialty malts for you're colouring/malt profile characteristics.

Without worrying too much about mashing/lautering/sparging, you can concentrate on water prep and the boil. Try it and see if things improve. Wouldn't be at all surprised if they do.

Polaris96 said:
Why don't you try a few grain/extract brews? They're very good and you'll lighten up your workload a bit. Try a brew with DME as your base malt and steeped specialty malts for you're colouring/malt profile characteristics.

Without worrying too much about mashing/lautering/sparging, you can concentrate on water prep and the boil. Try it and see if things improve. Wouldn't be at all surprised if they do.

Will do that thanx

Back