Illustrator or Photoshop help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaximAvs

Reaction score
I received Adobe CS5.5 Web Premium for Christmas and I've been trying to learn it on and off for a few months now. WOW! There is a lot to learn.
Is there anyone out there that could point me to a good resource on learning Illustrator and/or Photoshop?! Either one of these programs I think would make a great tool for designing labels.
I have used AutoCAD for almost 15 years, so I am familiar with graphic programs, but never used Illustrator or Photoshop.

Thanks guys
Sean

Heard good things about these, but I think they might charge for some of the content:

http://www.lynda.com/

Or you could google "illustrator" and "tutorial." I know there's lots of stuff out there. Good luck! :mug:

I received Adobe CS5.5 Web Premium for Christmas and I've been trying to learn it on and off for a few months now. WOW! There is a lot to learn.
Is there anyone out there that could point me to a good resource on learning Illustrator and/or Photoshop?! Either one of these programs I think would make a great tool for designing labels.
I have used AutoCAD for almost 15 years, so I am familiar with graphic programs, but never used Illustrator or Photoshop.

Thanks guys
Sean

"Classroom in a Book" has both Photoshop and Illustrator versions that are very good. These Adobe programs are so huge you'll probably find yourself learning what you need to do what you want to do, and then adding more over time. The great thing about these books is they have complete lesson plans and come with a CD with files to work on with the lessons. They also have a pretty comprehensive index at the back, so you can look up later how to do something.

I second "Classroom in a book". I suggest this to anyone before trying other materials. It'll start you off with the basic functions of every program, and includes some moderate material to get your brain ticking.

Another vote for the classroom in a book. When I went to school for graphic design, we actually used them as our textbooks for some of the intro classes. Good stuff.

I have search YouTube and found some good videos but nothing that really would teach all the ins and outs of AI.
I think I'll try the classroom books. They get good reviews.

Back