Illness

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shoppearth

Reaction score
As of today, I have complete one brew day with a transfer to secondary last night. I have a second batch that I’m going to brew soon, like maybe tonight. All of that being said, is it wrong that I’m highly considering taking advantage of the Northern Brewer and get 3 more recipe kits? I’ve been “brewing beer” for a week...this is just part of the illness, right?

Share! You'll either gain friends, or no one's going to bother you again for helping move furniture, etc. LOL

LOL... The Nebraskan strikes again...
I do 10 gallon batches..one after another...
You either share or become alcoholic....

I am in the middle of brewing a 5 gallon Pale Ale with all Amarillo, after I brewed an ESB yesterday and a Red ale the day before that. I also brewed two batches last week, so... I think you are on the right path.

I've just bought my third and fourth fermenters, so now I can either brew or bottle every weekend. Of course if I don't buckle down and drink it during the week I run out of bottles :(

There is a pub near me called "world of beer" or some such. They have something like 300 bottled beers on the menu; I called and asked what they do with the bottles, they said they just throw them out. I'm supposed to get in touch with the night manager about stopping in to pick through the pile :D I think this is my best bet to amass a collection of 500ml german bottles. Now if I could only locate a spare liver:rolleyes:

Edit: I've got a 30 gallon tub to transport them home but it only fits in the back seat. Let's hope I don't get pulled over with hundreds of open alcohol containers in the car!

As of today, I have complete one brew day with a transfer to secondary last night. I have a second batch that I’m going to brew soon, like maybe tonight. All of that being said, is it wrong that I’m highly considering taking advantage of the Northern Brewer and get 3 more recipe kits? I’ve been “brewing beer” for a week...this is just part of the illness, right?
Unless you are adding something to the fermented bier forget the secondary. If doing it because you need the fermenter, buy another bucket they are cheap. The only place I "transfer" bier is to a bottling bucket or my chilled glass. LOL

Unless you are adding something to the fermented bier forget the secondary. If doing it because you need the fermenter, buy another bucket they are cheap. The only place I "transfer" bier is to a bottling bucket or my chilled glass. LOL

I have read a lot about not needing a secondary, the transfer was mostly to clear up the fermenter for another batch. I will see about filling your chilled glass at some point lol.

Back