I'll be in Charlottesville, VA. Breweries/bottle shops to check out?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MedicMang

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'll be going to Charlottesville for a wedding and was just curious if any locals to the area could point me in the direction of some fine craft beer. I'll be bringing some Ohio beer with me if any of you fellers want to meet up. Let me know what's decent.

If you can swing it, go by 3 Brothers brewing in Harrisonburg. It might be an hour from Charlottesville. Also, Starr Hill is in Charlottesville, but I haven't been there. 3 Brothers is worth the drive up 81, but their beer is sold all over the area. Obviously, try to get some limited release or brewery only release. They have a nice place and will answer any questions you have. If you can't make it to Harrisonburg, I'd try to find a good beer store and get it from there (grocery stores usually have 6 packs of their common stuff)

Not necessarily IN Charlottesville, but somewhat on the way, is Devil's Backbone that I would definitely hit. There's a bunch of breweries in that region. Blue Mountain does some good stuff. I haven't had much from Wild Wolf (just haven't picked it up), but they do good stuff too. Champion is in Charlottesville, and again I haven't had much but what I've had has been decent. Starr Hill is mediocre in my book, but I've heard they have stuff available there that doesn't make its way to Northern Va so I haven't tried it. 3 Brothers apparently has some really good stuff available only in the immediate area too. And there's more. But I would definitely seek out Devil's Backbone, since everything they brew is really solid. And they routinely own at GABF.

Excellent. Thanks for the help. I have been to Devils backbone and blue Mountain. I'll check out some other selections though. Starr Hill, three notch'd and formerly 3 brothers, now Brothers, will be checked out.

Any suggestions on awesome restaurants would be appreciated as well. Breakfast spots. Must have local delicacies. Whatever you got.

Latest posts

Back