Igloo Kegerator $159 at Home Depot (YMMV)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Watto_Brew

Reaction score
Didn't see this posted elsewhere, but Home Depot is currently having an in-store clearance on their available stock of Igloo FRB200 6.0 cu. ft. Beer Keg Dispensers. This is an in-store only clearance so you won't find this price on-line (you'll see $398, "sold on-line only").

The in-store clearance price is $199 and they currently have an extra 20% off of clearance kitchen appliances promotion. You may have to advise them of the extra 20% off since this just started on 1/22, but it is in their system when they look it up (at least in the TX area).

I have no experience with this model so I can't vouch for their quality, etc. I did find the small CO2 tank is only ~2.5lb(?).

Keep in mind that availability and pricing may vary by store. However on another "deal" site, several stores across the states appear to have scattered availability. I was able to score one at the Frisco, TX store. Had to track availability on these down by going to the neighborhood store and have them search other stores for sku# 1000-991-598. They're going fast!

Good luck! :mug:

Victor NY has them (only Home Depot in the Rochester area that does) listed at the $199 price, but no mention of the 20% off. I will have to look into that tomorrow.

Apparently this location has 13 of them in stock, too.

**EDIT**
They HAD 13, as of 1/27/15 they had 4.

:mug:

Just picked up one of these for $159 + tax here in Dallas. I think I'm going to use it as a fermentation fridge. It just barely fits 2 6 gallon buckets if you rig up some kind of support for one that is on the compressor hump. You will also need to use a blow-off tube or low profile air lock since there is not room for a normal setup.

Just snagged one in NorCal. $159 plus tax only one in store. Apparently they were sent to the store for a Black Friday deal and it is only coming up at $199 after scanning. Then add 20% off its $159.23 time to start kegging.

Thanks for the tip!

Bought mine in Victor NY yesterday, $159.23.

20150127_173405.jpg

Hey all, long time lurker, first time poster, just wanted to thank the forums for the heads up! Picked up the last one in the north end of Metro Detroit tonite for $153 OTD, after a nice extra $20 discount for buying the floor model. Just needs a bit of modification this weekend, and I finally have run out of excuses to not keg the brews!

Dang it! Sold out a month ago in my area! I was all ready to go straight over there and buy one.

How many corney's can you fit in there?

Two 5 gallon cornys easily fit side by side. You could probably put a 2.5 gallon or 3 gallon on the compressor hump as well.

Easy to modify the tower to accept more faucets?

Yes. I'm installing a dual Perlick 630SS tower. Or you could put another hole in the existing tower and add a faucet.

All sold out in my area :-( Some guy bought a few and is trying to resell on CL for $375 too

I'm betting that a lot of them will go on sale on Craigslist by mid month. Most people probably got them for the Superbowl, and once the keg is empty they will try and ditch the kegerator. $150 wouldn't be a bad deal for a used / recently new one if you also get a near full CO2 tank out of it too. Even though it's only a 2.5 pound tank.

So this includes the co2 tank, regulator, and d type connector? If my taxes come in before the sale ends I'm gonna go look at a couple different home depot stores around Sw Michigan.

I hope they have one at the reduced price, I'd love to have my Irish red on tap as well as the milk stout.

I just checked a couple of the stores in my area. They are completely sold out. That being said, I found someone on CL that has one for $190. They are on the other side of Atlanta from me, so I offered 'em an extra $10 in gas money if they meet me on my side of Atlanta. :) They accepted and we're going to see about getting me a new two-corny kegerator on Saturday. :) I have a dual-tap tower with Perlick SS faucets, so I'll probably sell the tower that comes with the kegerator as well as selling my current kegerator (can only hold one corny.)

After searching home depot stores here in central Florida and not finding any of these I sent my son a message to check his local home depot.

He called a few minutes ago from a home depot in Bristol Virginia and said he had the last one in the store on a cart. He said the price was down to $100 and asked if I wanted it lmao I said yes so we will be traveling to Virgina over kids spring break to pick it up. Happy Happy :)

What the.....? Your Home Depot is so much cooler than mine. A kegerator? I'm lucky to find a good deal on a chest freezer.

I just picked up the last one in Londonderry NH... this was after calling five other stores. They are still out there, but you need to call each store. I tried chatting with a rep on the HD website, but they do not have access to the inventory of products on clearance.

This kegerator is pretty easy to set up, even with the crappy instructions. On the Slickdeals thread where I found this deal, someone posted this link to much better instructions on the same (but rebranded) kegerator: http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pd...&SID=5cfbc8b0bc30491b9199e705aeb73d3a&cj=true

This seems like a great deal for $100. I would like to eventually modify or replace the tower to accommodate three taps... and by eventually, I mean in a month or so. A buddy and I are kegging a porter we brewed within the week, then we will start to plan out the next brew. I hope to be able to add another faucet by the time the next brew is finsihed. No more bottling for this guy!

What the.....? Your Home Depot is so much cooler than mine. A kegerator? I'm lucky to find a good deal on a chest freezer.

What HD? Chest freezers are usually going on sale throughout the year. Sam's club also has a 7 cu. ft. one for $200 or perhaps less. I don't know if I've seen a kegerator in the two HDs I frequent though.

I picked up one of these off Craig's List. Practically new in the box from a guy who apparently has a warehouse full of them. A couple small issues -- one the guy didn't include the "guardrail" and two the tower has a hole drilled through the plastic top to expose a special "mounting plate" for the tower. Now my plan is to sell the single tap tower that came with it and place my new dual-tap tower in there, since I can easily fit two cornies in there. Only problem is I need to find a way to fill in the indention in the plastic top so as to support the bigger tower and drill holes into the top for the mounting bolts for the new tower. I'll probably call Curtis International to see if I can order replacement rails.

Anyone know where I can purchase the "guard rail"? Mine didn't come with it (the person who sold it to me didn't include it. :( ) I called Curtis and they said they don't sell it separately (kinda hard to understand their "off-shore" people!)

Anyone know where I can purchase the "guard rail"? Mine didn't come with it (the person who sold it to me didn't include it. :( ) I called Curtis and they said they don't sell it separately (kinda hard to understand their "off-shore" people!)

I will let you know. I have to return / exchange mine because of some damage. There is a chance that some parts may become "missing" on the unit I return.

:mug:

Time to try out the new toy! We kegged our home-brewed porter yesterday! A buddy and I split a 10 gallon batch, 1/2 had some charred oak cubes soaked in Whiskey during secondary fermentation. It will take a few more days to get the beer properly carbed, but it tasted great last night.

If anyone is wondering, this kegerator will hold 3 5-gallon Cornie kegs and the door shuts fine. Another buddy let me borrow his 20 lb co2 tank which is pretty much the same dimensions of a Cornie as seen in this pic... but i did place three cornies just to test it out.
yhKEujB.jpg

I tried a cheap and easy way to try to keep the tower cool... A 2 ft piece of copper pipe. It doesn't get in the way of the cornie kegs. In theory, it will conduct the cold from the bottom of the kegerator up the tower. If this doesn't help, I will wrap copper wire around the pipe and down behind the cooling element to see if that works. If not, I will look into a tower cooler.
9g0AmGj.jpg

and inside:
RFMAbyL.jpg

I only have on beer going up to the tower now... (If anyone upgrades their tower and wants to sell me your old faucet, please pm me!) the others will have picnic taps for now. I learned the hard way to double check the tightness of the picnic taps... I ended up with beer all over the floor when I put the connector on the keg!
SD8K482.jpg

Here is what I did with the gas distribution... old vs. new.
awSHVAm.jpg

Just an FYI, for anyone that wants to relocate the temp sensor for the thermostat, it is located on the back of the chill plate. It is held in place by tape and a small plastic clip, as shown where the red circle is. The green circle is a good location to put the temp sensor. it can be held in place by silicone caulk.

igloo interior.jpg

For anyone messing with the thermostat sensor location, be careful. I moved mine and it ended up getting so cold I got slushy beer before I noticed it. I could never get it to work properly after that so I just removed the thermostat(connecting the leads) and installed an external STC-1000 controller to regulate the temp.

I'm going to have to head over to my HD today to check just in case.

68134801-2454-4AA2-B109-C77C59E7E3B2_zpswip0nsvb.jpg

I have owned this kegerator for over 2 years. For the last year I have been wanting to install a 2 tap stainless tower with Perlicks. But I didn't have the kahunas. I broke down this week and ordered the tower and installed it today. Everything went fine. I just centered the tower over the original hole, drilled the 4 holes and snugged them down. Looks great and I am looking forward to having 2 kegs on tap.

68134801-2454-4AA2-B109-C77C59E7E3B2_zpswip0nsvb.jpg

I have owned this kegerator for over 2 years. For the last year I have been wanting to install a 2 tap stainless tower with Perlicks. But I didn't have the kahunas. I broke down this week and ordered the tower and installed it today. Everything went fine. I just centered the tower over the original hole, drilled the 4 holes and snugged them down. Looks great and I am looking forward to having 2 kegs on tap.

Where did you order the tower from. It looks great. Also did the trim ring come with the tower? I read in another post that drilling the tower down involved removing the plastic top but yours sounds like it was just set in place and drill.

I did not remove the top. I centered the tower and drilled the holes through it. The tower seems solid. The only thing I wish I would have done is removed the collar that the original tower locks into to open it up. Both beer lines fit through the hole fine, but there is not room for the hose from my tower fan. Might need to try the copper pipe trick to cool the lines in the tower.

I got a PM asking what parts i got to convert the stock regulator to accept a barb fitting to run to a gas manifold. I figureed others might need to do the same thing so I took a few pics. I ended up replacing the regulator with a Taprite, so it was easy enough to take all of the stuff out. I am not sure exactly what size each piece is, could anyone identify the sizes of each piece so he could order them? He did not find what he needed at HD or lowes, so I imagine he will need to order the parts so he can keg.
aNTyrgk.jpg

XVBE2BO.jpg

FN3PCNE.jpg

TOmbUWV.jpg

Thanks for any help.

For anyone interested, I was able to drill a nice hole in the upper corner of the back to move the CO2 outside. If you start from the top right corner of the inside you'll end up where I did on the back.

Not sure why the pictures are showing sideways but the hole shown is the upper left of the back.

20150322_125041.jpg

20150322_125142.jpg

I finally had the opportunity to go pick up this kegerator from my son who lives about 700 miles away.

I have not hooked everything up yet but noticed that i cant move the tap handle.

It seems to be stuck has anyone else experienced this?

I have never kegged before so it could be a newbie thing. There are a couple screw type things that look like they need to be tightened and I did that and attached the tap handle and it wont move. Im assuming it should move forward to dispense beer.

Poured hot water over the tap and a while later it had freed itself up and now works properly

For anyone interested, I was able to drill a nice hole in the upper corner of the back to move the CO2 outside. If you start from the top right corner of the inside you'll end up where I did on the back.

Not sure why the pictures are showing sideways but the hole shown is the upper left of the back.

I'm considering moving my tank to the outside. Any issues so far with this placement of the gas line? Also what did you use to drill the hole and fill it with so that there would be now refrigerated air leak?

Back