If you could buy one boxset (cd & dvd)...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baron von BeeGee

Beer Bully
Reaction score
...which would they be?

For me, after ruminating in the 'fav five tracks' thread:

CD: Springsteen boxset ('98). After listening to the Sirius channel playing all Boss all the time (until yesterday) I realize I can listen to him all day long. He covers most of the styles I like and has charisma. Oddly enough, I only have Led Zep boxset that I bought they day it was released 15-16 years ago, and lost my Allman Brothers boxset in my many collegiate moves.

DVD: The Godfather. I still watch this a few times a year (with the obvious exception of III). Always makes me want to buy a nice suit and talk like Brando. If there were a pre-Madonna Guy Ritchie set that would be tempting, as well.

CD - The Clash - On Broadway Box Set

DVD - Band of Brothers Box Set

I own both......:D

Zed Zeppelin for music

Star Wars ORIGINAL NON SPECIAL EDITION trilogy set (episodes IV,V,and VI) for video

Truble said:
Zed Zeppelin for music

Star Wars ORIGINAL NON SPECIAL EDITION trilogy set (episodes IV,V,and VI) for video

WHY DID HE MAKE GREEDO SHOOT FIRST!!!!!!!!!!! im still a firm believer that the worst thing to happen to the star wars universe was george lucas.

Are we talking about box sets that are already on the market or "fantasy boxsets" that will probably never be made? If we're talking fantasy sets, I'd have to go with a box set of every song ever recorded by the Grateful Dead. And DVD would be all 6 Star Wars installments.

If you're going to limit me to reality I'd switch to Led Zeppelin and Star Wars IV/V/VI.

AHU

I just wish they'd do a decent DVD of Blade Runner. The one that's out is crap and this movie deserves a great DVD.

Put both versions on. Do a voiceover with Ford, Hauer and Scott, some making of and original artwork would be nice.

AllHoppedUp said:
If we're talking fantasy sets, I'd have to go with a box set of every song ever recorded by the Grateful Dead.

well... since damn near EVERY dead concert was recorded by people in the crowd, and every time they did a song it was different, that CERTAINLY would be a bulky box set! thousands and thousands of CDs.

-walker

Led Zepplin's for sure (which i already have!)

Band of Brothers (which i already have too!)

i can die in peace :~)

Well since hypothetical box sets are apparently allowed:

CD: Everything recorded by John Mayall...that set would contain nearly every great blues/rock guitarist of the 60's.

DVD: Everything by Stanley Kubrick.

Walker said:
well... since damn near EVERY dead concert was recorded by people in the crowd, and every time they did a song it was different, that CERTAINLY would be a bulky box set! thousands and thousands of CDs.

-walker

That'd be pretty sweet though wouldn't it? If I'm gonna buy that big of a Dead box set it better come with a bong. :cross: Maybe they could build it into the box that all the CDs come in . . .

AHU

Cd would be a toss-up between Pink Floyd and the Beatles, and maybe the Stones. O.K., all three in a darned big box !
DVD would be all the Clint Eastwood movies, from the spaghetti westerns to Million Dollar Baby. Clint is just BADASS ! I don't care how you look at it.
IMHO...:cross:

sudsmonkey said:
DVD would be all the Clint Eastwood movies, from the spaghetti westerns to Million Dollar Baby. Clint is just BADASS ! I don't care how you look at it.
IMHO...:cross:
Throw in all the episodes of Rawhide too.

Rollin, Rollin, Rollin
Keep them Dogies Rollin
Keep them Dogies Rollin, Rawhide. :D:D

Yessir. Rowdy Yates was the man.
Next thought on the DVD box set: Could they maybe make a war movie set ? Something like: Apocalypse Now, Platoon, Full Metal Jacket, Saving Pvt Ryan,Das Boot, Bridge At Remagden, Kelly's Heroes ( That would be in the Eastwood set), The Boys in Company C, every episode of MASH ( Gotta represent the Korean Conflict), and Gunner Palace.
I could get into that one.

Maybe even throw in a Who box set?

cd-thw whos greais hits

dvd-stargate sg1 and atargate atlantis

my favorite things are drinking and stargate oh and guns and if you mix all 3 togeather sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet now thats a good time waiting to happen alcohol guns and good old sci-fi lol

sudsmonkey said:
Yessir. Rowdy Yates was the man.
Next thought on the DVD box set: Could they maybe make a war movie set ? Something like: Apocalypse Now, Platoon, Full Metal Jacket, Saving Pvt Ryan,Das Boot, Bridge At Remagden, Kelly's Heroes ( That would be in the Eastwood set), The Boys in Company C, every episode of MASH ( Gotta represent the Korean Conflict), and Gunner Palace.
I could get into that one.

Maybe even throw in a Who box set?
Can we throw in "The Thin Red Line "in that War movie set. I'll buy the Clint Eastwood set in a heartbeat.

Dont forget a naked beer wench to fetch your homebrew for you so all you have to do is drink, watch TV, and Fart..... Now thats livin'

How do you mix Stargate and guns ? I get what you're saying, but without an indoor range or an outdoor TV....
Now, drinking and guns, there's another thing entirely !
Whoever said guns and alcohol don't mix never got drunk and shot through a small pine tree with a 12 Ga. ! THat'ere's fun ! I don't care who you are.
When I was in my late teens ( seems like it was back in the Twenties now) my cousin videotaped me and a buddy of mine on a big game hunt for five year old pine trees. Gotta be careful, they can do some damage if they charge you ! Don't know where the tape is now, but I still LMAO at the memory. I was just learning to fully enjoy beer then.:drunk:

sudsmonkey said:
a big game hunt for five year old pine trees. Gotta be careful, they can do some damage if they charge you !
Not to mention you can get busted for accidentally nailing a big four year old. :D

i've been thinking about this question all dang day and I simply cannot make any decisions.

you stumped me.

I'm speechless.

No... really. Speechless.

Seriously.

-walker

Have you read my rapsheet, my brother? She looked at least five to me!
Working on my last cigarette on this side of the Great Pub in the Sky.
Heavy brewing, here I come !
Sorry for the poor attempt at a joke. I know you've got little ones at home.
As far as pine trees go, telling the four and five year olds apart is easy. You just count the rings. There's a daily bag limit of 1,000 board feet.

Sudster said:
Can we throw in "The Thin Red Line "in that War movie set. I'll buy the Clint Eastwood set in a heartbeat.

that's a freak'n awesome, disturbing movie man!!!! i love it.....

i want to add 'THE DREW CAREY SHOW" box set to my list.

and quit frankly, i'm hacked that Drew doesn't get more props on this site! he was a beaten down, hard working , blue color homebrewer! and plus, for a horizontally challanged guy, he always had a good look'n babe at his house. :~)

a big ol' cheers to Drew Carey!!! WOO-HOO!!!!

adamk222 said:
cd-thw whos greais hits

my favorite things are drinking and stargate oh and guns and if you mix all 3 togeather sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet now thats a good time waiting to happen alcohol guns and good old sci-fi lol

Hey, my 3 favorite things are alcohol, sci-fi and guns also. Though I'm more of reader, than into it on the screen. Though there are exceptions

adamk222 said:
cd-thw whos greais hits

Hey, my 3 favorite things are alcohol, sci-fi and guns also. Though I'm more of reader, than into it on the screen. Though there are exceptions

DeRoux's Broux said:
i want to add 'THE DREW CAREY SHOW" box set to my list.

and quit frankly, i'm hacked that Drew doesn't get more props on this site! he was a beaten down, hard working , blue color homebrewer! and plus, for a horizontally challanged guy, he always had a good look'n babe at his house. :~)

a big ol' cheers to Drew Carey!!! WOO-HOO!!!!
I could take Drew, but those two dweeb sidekicks were a killer for me. :(

sudsmonkey said:
How do you mix Stargate and guns ? I get what you're saying, but without an indoor range or an outdoor TV....
Now, drinking and guns, there's another thing entirely !
Whoever said guns and alcohol don't mix never got drunk and shot through a small pine tree with a 12 Ga. ! THat'ere's fun ! I don't care who you are.
When I was in my late teens ( seems like it was back in the Twenties now) my cousin videotaped me and a buddy of mine on a big game hunt for five year old pine trees. Gotta be careful, they can do some damage if they charge you ! Don't know where the tape is now, but I still LMAO at the memory. I was just learning to fully enjoy beer then.:drunk:

No really, they don't mix. I record most of the gun accidents and all of the hunting accidents in my state and I'm here to tell you, inebriation and guns are a bad thing.

I know you're probably joking, but for the sake of all of your fellow gun owners, please don't advocate guns and alcohol. I really hate to come off so pedantic, but this is important.

DeRoux's Broux said:
Lewis and Oswald?!?? oh EP, tell me it ain't so? :D :cross:
Oh it's so...if I even see Lewis' face on TV I'm liable to throw something at it. :mad: Unless it's a scene with Oswald's mom of course. Even old and shriveled as she is now, I can't get enough of Adrian Barbeau.

Can't believe I didn't think about Band of Brothers! But then my neighbor and good buddy has a copy so that freed up the $$$ for Dukes of Hazzard Seasons 1 & 2! I think the producers started losing their creative genius in Seasons 3 onward.

BeeGee said:
freed up the $$$ for Dukes of Hazzard Seasons 1 & 2! I think the producers started losing their creative genius in Seasons 3 onward.
Does your cell phone play "Just A Good Ol' Boy" when it rings? ;)

Actually, my phone plays full-on MP3's, not that MIDI crap! For a while I had the "squeal like a pig" clip from Deliverance, but it went off once during a meeting with my boss's boss and I decided to quit using it for career safety.

BeeGee said:
Actually, my phone plays full-on MP3's, not that MIDI crap! For a while I had the "squeal like a pig" clip from Deliverance, but it went off once during a meeting with my boss's boss and I decided to quit using it for career safety.

LOL!! :p Of all the movie quotes to use for a ringtone that your bosses boss could accidentally hear, that might be the worst! Well, maybe #2 after the Shawshank line about getting sent to live with the sodomites . . . something about freight trains. That would bad too . . .

AHU

AllHoppedUp said:
LOL!! :p Of all the movie quotes to use for a ringtone that your bosses boss could accidentally hear, that might be the worst!
True. And SHE wasn't amused.

As far as The Dukes of Hazzard, when I was a kid in the 70's/80's we watched shows like TDOH, Battlestar Galactica (original!), Buck Rogers (the cartoon and Gil Gerard), Magnum PI, and the A-Team and it was considered cool!

Latest posts

Back