If there were no homebrew/micro/craft?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you still drink if there were no homebrew/micros/craft?

• No, I wouldn't drink.

• Yes, I'd drink BMC regularly.

• Yes, I'd drink BMC, but only for the buzz/drunk.

• Yes, but I'd stick with wine/liquor.

• I'll have what Ralph Nader is having.

Results are only viewable after voting.
WTF does BMC mean? I got "Big Monster Cocks" and "Black Monster Cock"

Somehow I don't think that is what you guys are referring to...... :shrugs:

I would drink Miller Lite, I have a hard time with the other two. I put a cascade bud in a miller lite, it tasted great. If you are going to a bar with a crappy beer selection, bring your own hops.

I would still drink beer, just less often. The only BMC beer that I absoulutely can't stand is Bud Light. I hated it even before I discovered good beer. The other BMC beers are drinkable just not good in my opinion. So I would still have the occasional beer on a night out or just chilling with friends.

I still enjoy Miller High Life so I would just drink that. I grew up taking sips out of my dad's Falstaff, so I guess I could get used to drinking whatever is available. No to Bud, but most else I could probably enjoy. (I used to like Old Style many many years ago.....yeee)

all this talk of life without homebrew is making me depressed. my beers need to finish their bottle conditioning so i can crack them open. i'm almost out of kölsch, and to tell you the truth, i'm getting kinda sick of it. not my best batch. not bad, just want something different.

Wine, mead, and scotch whisky for me...I don't relish the thought, the lot of those leave my body and my wallet the sorer for my trouble. Good beer is such a wholesome, temperate drink.

:)

Even before I finish reading the rest of this thread THIS is my answer as well...

desertBrew said:
Yep, I'd drink BMC. You wouldn't know there was something better if it didn't exist. Fast rewind back to the 80's for me since there wasn't much in the US but BMC.

Ize

I've never been a regular drinker of BMC. Nasty, nasty, nasty.

I'd stick to Guinness and Heineken.

I'd probably drink a lot more single malt scotch though.

I voted yes to drinking BMC but with a clause I suppose. I would take the uber cheap ghetto malts over the typical light beers. Any flavor, be it skunky swill, is still a flavor in my book and rules over Bud blandness.

I wouldn't be opposed to drinking Michelob, expecially after it's warmed up a bit.

I have no problem with drinking a BMC even today. I don't buy much of it as there are better out there to buy, but that don't mean to say i still don't enjoy one from time to time.

Back