Idiots on Ebay

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BucksPA

Reaction score
So i won a nikon digital camera at work and i didnt like it. It was a crappy digital camera in my eyes. Anyway, I put the starting bid at $75 (to guarantee myself a minimum) and also put a $99 Buy It Now option on there to just unload it if someone wanted to purchase it asap. Fine with me. Well these two idiots found themselves in a bidding war and it sold for $112. The instant bidding went over $99, the buy it now option was removed by ebay.

hahahahaha, seriously the worst bidding i have ever seen

as long as it went below retail (if new), somebody got a deal (in their eyes).

what model? what does it sell for new on Amazon?

no i understand what you're saying, but instead of trying to outbid each other, how about one of them just clicked on the Buy It Now button for $99. yeah it's undervalued, but they overpaid me because I was willing to let it go for $99

As a teen ager I worked at an auction house. Junk usually. Something dumb as empty buckets. No bidders for 50 cents a piece. But we sold around 75 of them for 2 for 1.25..... What you described is the reason that auctions and auctioneers exist.

After the first bid the buy it now option goes away, someone tried to get it under your buy it now price and got outbidded more than likely.

^ this.

yes, I understood that they overpaid the buy it now price, and could have gotten a better deal. But once you enter it as a bid...it's too late.

that's the thing with e-Bay.

The way I work it is that I determine what the item is worth (research), then determine my top dollar that I'm willing to pay for it. If the buy-it-now is lower, I'll get it. If the buy-it-now is higher, no sale.

If there is no buy-it-now option, I set my high point as my bid price. If it goes to someone else for more, good for them. The trick in this method is WHEN to set that point...

Latest posts

Back