Ideas for carbonator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damlamb

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I picked up one of the units in the attached photo at a an auction on a whim. Grand total of $6.22. So did a quick Internet search and found out it is a seltzer water maker for fountain soda (yes I bought something I had no idea what is was but hey it was shiny and stainless steely) so I'm thinking maybe I could modify it for making sparkling cider or something a bit more interesting than plain old seltzer. Anyone have any ideas or ever seen one of these units before? I also got 2 extra tanks with it but only one pump unit.

I doubt you want to spray anything into there other than water, I'd have to think it would clog up quickly. The other problem you're going to have is that they generally require a relatively high input liquid pressure (25PSI or something), which means you'd have to feed it cider from a keg, at which point you might as well just carbonate it in the keg :)

Forgot to mention, personally, I'd hook that sucker up and have on-demand seltzer for fizzy drink making.

Ya I think your right about that.... I also read that the pump has to be stainless if you plan to pump anything other than water and not get sick. One day I will have to clean it up and make some seltzer water though. I also might try to convert one.of the spare tanks to a mini keg for the beach

A friend of mine gave me one of these recently so I'm interested in any information as well.

Latest posts

Back