Idea for Fermentation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Semo

Reaction score
Was given an industrial temperature chamber from work which only needs new controller. Ive got a STC-1000 Ive been planning on using on something once I got around to it.
This chamber is too small for any carboys and such but do you guys think it can be modified to work by building a wooden chamber? This thing is designed to go below -40C and over 105C quickly. Surely it can handle the small swings I need.

Should I give this a shot or wait until I come up with the chest freezer?

First time posting pics so hope it comes through.

20150211_122438.jpg

20150211_122426.jpg

20150211_122418.jpg

20150211_122405.jpg

20150211_122557.jpg

If anything it'll be a helluva beer fridge. Not sure how much use you're going to get out of it as a ferm chamber if it won't hold a carboy. Maybe open ferm in a Rubbermaid tote? Looks like you'll be able to keep the inside at least mostly sanitary...is it stainless?

Missed your question about attaching a chamber. I'm certain that would work, based on a lot of the minifridge builds I've seen. That thing could probably keep a huge space at 60* without breaking a sweat.

"Was given an industrial temperature chamber......"

What are you waiting on?

Take the door off, and build to the opening.........You can always re-install the door iffn' it don't work out.

Back