Iced RIS idea....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nowuries

Reaction score
Hello there! I have this idea to brew 10 gallons of RIS and "ice" half of it, and then blend it back together with the other half of the RIS. Any thoughts on this?

I have "iced" a RIS before and drank it as you would spirits, and I really loved it, smokey and strong! I think it would add another element to the original RIS if I were to blend them....
Now, to the second part of this post... I recently was given (by SWMBO) a 5 gallon rum barrel!!! How would the above mentioned beer go with a rum background? Too much going on? Maybe I should just age a good Barley-wine in the wood rum barrel?

Thoughts??:rockin:

Well if you're doing 10 gallons and icing half I'm assuming you're still going to have more than five gallons left over so you could stick five in there and keep the two or three you're left with separate for side by side comparison.

Latest posts

Back