Ice Cream Keezer build, plus a question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

socalboomer

Reaction score
I got an old chest-type ice cream freezer for free and am going to make it into a keezer. I'm putting together my ideas and will edit this post with the build.

However, as I'm working on the design, I had a question. Is there any reason to NOT use stainless steel tube (like Tubing, Seamless, 1/4 In OD, 6 Ft, 1250 PSI - Stainless Steel Tubing - Pipe and Tubing - 5LVN8 : Grainger Industrial Supply) for the run up the tower to the tailpiece?

I thought it might be nice to have a set of fittings that run from the wall to the beverage hoses. Just a thought - yours?

im not 100% sure but the pipe i have seen used (if i understood your question correctly) is copper piping...the reason being that copper is a good temperature conductor(hot or cold etc.) so to keep the beer line as cool as posible use copper. so a reason not to use stainless would be because copper is a better conductor.

I think the general wisdom around here is that copper doesn't hold up that well to the acidic properties of beer. That's why jockey boxes use ss.

Back