Ia first timer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadWeezel

Reaction score
Ok i've been lurkin round these parts for the better part of a week and man i have to say its been helpful.. Accually i bottled my first brew (porter from a kit) tonight. So here is the obvious noobie question. What do you suggest for a second (preferably non-kit) beer?

Just so you know i'm more a fan of lagers than ales, although as i understand it ales are easier to brew.

I would think that a wheat beer might be something you might like.Lagers are fermented colder so you will need a refrigerator to keep it under 50 degrees. Ales ferment in the 60's so it is much easier to do.

MadWeezel said:
Ok i've been lurkin round these parts for the better part of a week and man i have to say its been helpful.. Accually i bottled my first brew (porter from a kit) tonight. So here is the obvious noobie question. What do you suggest for a second (preferably non-kit) beer?

Just so you know i'm more a fan of lagers than ales, although as i understand it ales are easier to brew.

Welcome aboard mate.

What you cant learn from this forum aint worth knowing. Have a cruize around the different forums and you will soon find the ones that best apply to you. Feel free to ask questions , around here there is no such thing as a dumb question and members are always ready to give thier oppinion and enter into friendly debate.

I'm with you regarding Lager over ale. Ale is easier to brew if you have a slap happy approach to brewing but if you take a bit of care lagers are just as easy and much more rewarding, in my oppinion anyway. The trick with lager is to use good quality yeast and keep your temp nice and low (8 C) to keep those nasty esthers away.

Catcha round:tank:

Back