I want to know the most off the wall beer ever brewed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewdude22

Reaction score
I want to know what has been your most off the wall crazy idea beer creation or idea!

For me, that'd have to be Cap'n Crunch Oops! All Berries Blonde Ale.

But I've heard of and tasted beers by other people who made much more insane stuff. And I'm sure if I wanted to come up with a totally crazy off-the-wall beer idea, I could, but I wouldn't necessarily want to make it (for example: Grits 'n' Spam Brown Ale or Wasabi Pilsner).

I did a smoked chipotle Porter once. It was way to spicy and a big failure.

There is a thread on here about cool ranch Dorito cream ale. That's pretty off the wall to me although I would like to try a pint.

I think I am gonna revisit one of my total brain fart beers. I made a smoked smoked peach one time and aged it with oak sticks man it was horrible. I think I used way to much smoked malt and way to many peaches. I think I'm gonna try it again less peaches and a slight amount of smoked malt. Like an oak aged lager with a slight peach taste might be good.

I made a pumpernickel porter with a crap ton of rye, caraway seeds and slices of pumpernickel bread in the mash. It is creamy and good, actually. Not too of the wall though.

I think I am gonna revisit one of my total brain fart beers. I made a smoked smoked peach one time and aged it with oak sticks man it was horrible. I think I used way to much smoked malt and way to many peaches. I think I'm gonna try it again less peaches and a slight amount of smoked malt. Like an oak aged lager with a slight peach taste might be good.

:off:

I love smoked beers. Especially with a bloody mary and a BLT on sunday watching football...

However, most of the good ones I've had don't use much smoked malt. The local brewery near me makes one that claims they use about 10% cherry wood smoked malt. http://brennerbrewing.com/beer/bacon-bomb-rauchbier/

Personally, I'm not quite sure fruit would be a good pair with that style of beer though, but I've been wrong many times before.

After a few too many beers one night, I came up with an idea for a menudo porter. Thankfully I sobered up before attempting to brew it.

I don't wanna cross the line into brews that just didn't work out but thinking back on it now My strawberry Amarillo IPA fermented with 3068 should have been off the wall.

What a friggin terrible beer. I've never tasted anything so terrible.

Funny someone above mentioned smoked chipotle Porter cause a brewery around here called Meander Farms makes one and it's delicious.

Not homebrew, but off the wall nonetheless. One of the local breweries made a saltwater gose with 5 gallon buckets of seawater that they pulled from the pier. A few people liked it, but it had to be one of the worst things I've ever put in my mouth..

I did a cucumber amber one time I think I used way to much cucumber it was overwhelming

I was shocked also by how much flavour it imparted. I used 1/4 of a cucumber in 10L and it was quite overpowering to begin with, settling after about 1 week in the keg.

Write up in the blog below. I actually got quite a few good reviews of the beer & no bad reviews, and often served with a spring of mint. Will definitely brew again for the summer

Placenta porter....
I've never heard of anybody trying it but that is off the friggin wall

When I first started brewing I had an idea of doing a super solution IPA. Basicly just keep mashing grain, and boiling the runoff down until i had a 5 gallons of wort that couldnt dissolve any more sugar, then finding a way to ferment it down as far as it could go.

Then I picked up a couple books and found this forum and learned all the reasons that it probably would'nt work.

Back