I want to add Chile's to Hank's Hefe.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richlong8020

Reaction score
I need suggestions from all to see when I should add them, how I should add them, how much and so on. Looking for all options.

Chile into a hefe? Strange combo but let us know how it works out.

You can do it any number of ways and all have pros and cons.

Secondary, last bit of boil, even to mash if you want.

Yeah that much I understand. I was just wondering if anybody had made some and was wondering how much to add. I was thinking six jalapeños. Roasted and soaking vodka for about 2 to 3 weeks. And then finally I will add it to the bottling process.

6 jalepenos is way too much. I put one in a 2 gal batch and everyone who tried it couldn't stand more than a few sips. All you tasted was 'hot' after the first drink. I'd advise using .5 to 1 jalapeno for 5 gals and then maybe add a tiny piece of one in each bottle if its not enough.

Really? That seems soooo small. Not that I'm looking for killer heat, but then again I don't want to waste 5 gal. Doesn't roasting taking some of the heat out? Also I was gonna scrape all the seeds out too. I wish there was more info on this.

I also scraped out the seeds, it could have just been a really hot pepper. Maybe just dry hop em and taste it every now and then so you can get it where you want it. From my experience with peppers, a little goes a long way

Back