I want the most refreshing beer on earth!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Radler or shandy is some pretty refreshing stuff. Sweet, but good. Didn't expect Germans to be diluting their awesome brews, but as one explained to me, "I usually have it if I am exercising, or I have already had 3 or 4 mass (liter glasses)"

Yeah you are spot on. Radler actually means bicyclist for that very reason. We consider it a post exercise refresher :p

redman67 said:
I also need to know how to install those bars on my kegs that tell me when my beer is cold

Funny you mention that. Just saw a Heineken add in Sports Illustrated that said something like "our can has ten indicators that tell you when your beer is cold... Your fingers. No gimmicks." or something like that. Made me laugh.

Scruffy1207 said:
I heard of some brewery that TRIPLE hops their beers. Supposedly it's pretty refreshing

I also giggle every time I hear that from Miller. As if that were some novel idea. HA!

Oh, another commercial said that Miller Light tastes great and is less filling! Not sure why less filling is better...I've never been particularly too "filled" by real beer. I hate marketing schemes.

As far as I can tell beer marketing scheme quality is directly correlated to how many and how good the boobs are. If it wasn't for the women's libbers out there our beer commercials would still be the happy land of hot chicks tearing each others clothes off and fighting in the fountain...now all we get are death cab fan dudes wearing mankinis or skinny jeans and prissy women being happy that their beer only has .00572 calories.

CHefJohnboyardee said:
I'm in the minority but I love a good hoppy-low-bodies ale when I'm parched.

Right on. For me, it's Deschutes' Twilight Ale at the moment on this 98 degree Dallas, Texas, 70% humidity scorch fest of a day.

Well for your information I have been to cologne. I would agree with you if I had been talking about german pilsners. I was talking about the Czech variety however and I still stand by my statement. Thanks for your worldly input though!

I do find a good Czech lager quite refreshing. However, when I've just finished some yard work and want a cool beverage I have to decide if I want 1 or 2, or more than that. If I want just a beer or 2, then I will go with a Czech pils. If I want to have more, or want something to pound, then for me, the Czech pils is a bit too bitter and will go for a koslch or german pils. I find the more bitter a beer is (any style) the slower I will drink it.

Right on. For me, it's Deschutes' Twilight Ale at the moment on this 98 degree Dallas, Texas, 70% humidity scorch fest of a day.

Ya, it was pretty miserable yesterday. I was out in front of my garage with meat on the grill and I was drinking Breckenridge Oatmeal Stout. But I was refreshed by the fact that I wasn't drinking Coors light. :rockin: After grilling in 100 degree heat for an hour and drinking oatmeal stouts all day, my sweat soaked shirt smelled like a box of cherrios.

anyone who advertises that their beer as much colder than other beers cannot be wrong and must have used the scientific method to make such claims.

The most refreshing beer is the one you pull from that ice-packed cooler in the truck as the sun sets after baling hay all day long.

In other words, the best beer is earned.

Back