I used AI to make a YouTube video

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevin58

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
There has been much discussion lately about using AI to create beer recipes. I signed up with a text-to-speech AI site and cloned my own voice. I uploaded a short sample of my voice from a previous video to the AI tool and then typed in a script for what was supposed to be a YouTube #Short. (The images I used were wide format however and the app I use to make shorts defaulted to the landscape setting)

I did not utter the words in this video. I just typed in the script and the AI used the sample I submitted to mimic my voice. Compare it to any of my other videos... which really is me... and the similarity is scary close.

There has been much discussion lately about using AI to create beer recipes. I signed up with a text-to-speech AI site and cloned my own voice. I uploaded a short sample of my voice from a previous video to the AI tool and then typed in a script for what was supposed to be a YouTube #Short. (The images I used were wide format however and the app I use to make shorts defaulted to the landscape setting)

I did not utter the words in this video. I just typed in the script and the AI used the sample I submitted to mimic my voice. Compare it to any of my other videos... which really is me... and the similarity is scary close.

Crazy - I thought all your videos were AI :)

Describe in single words, only the good things that come in to your mind about your mother

IMG_20171031_074116.jpg

I dunno, man. I like what you did. I love automation, and I really like a video that isn't miscommunicated or filled with "um", "uh", and miswordings. AI scripting would be great for webinar, some how-to videos, and other things I can't think of right now. That said, when it comes to videos of things I want to learn from a person, I would like the personablality (new word I just invented) of a person actually talking on the video. Woodworking, beer making, and cooking come to mind. I want to hear the excitement and emotion.

Maybe I'm not explaining it right and I certainly don't want to come off as I don't like it... I do! In fact, I want to know what you used as I would love to make some how-to videos for work. I would just hate the day that all youtube videos are all AI voiced.

I dunno, man. I like what you did. I love automation, and I really like a video that isn't miscommunicated or filled with "um", "uh", and miswordings. AI scripting would be great for webinar, some how-to videos, and other things I can't think of right now. That said, when it comes to videos of things I want to learn from a person, I would like the personablality (new word I just invented) of a person actually talking on the video. Woodworking, beer making, and cooking come to mind. I want to hear the excitement and emotion.

Maybe I'm not explaining it right and I certainly don't want to come off as I don't like it... I do! In fact, I want to know what you used as I would love to make some how-to videos for work. I would just hate the day that all youtube videos are all AI voiced.

I used this site: ElevenLabs || Prime Voice AI. You will need to use one of the pay levels to clone a voice. I don't plan on using it for my main videos but I thought it would help me streamline the making of YouTube Shorts.

Back