I think I've got some brewing to do...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TXCrash

Gunshy
Reaction score
Yesterday I majorly scored on craigslist. 2 5 gallon kegs for $10 - for the pair! Unfortunately I only had a 20, he had a 5... so I paid 15. But I'm ok with that. The 2 I got yesterday are the ones with side handles. The other 4 are from insco2. 2 have the annoying plastic dip tubes, 2 have dinged up posts... But I'll make em work ;-). I'd expected better, but the kegs were as advertised...

Brings my current inventory to:

6 5 gallon ball lock kegs and 2 pinlock kegs (not shown). Ball locks are shown currently soaking in oxyclean. Eventually I want somewhere around 12 5 gallon kegs - I'd like to be able to brew a bunch of big brews and have em aging for a while.

3359059160_4588bcf262.jpg

6 2.5 gallon (or three?) gallon (pinlock) kegs. Picked em up pretty cheap off craigslist (I love craigslist!)a while back, eventually I'll put em into service. Some or all may make their way to the classified section here once I've reconditioned them.

3358242271_2214fd4c91.jpg

Squeeks says he's bored (or pissed?)

3359079586_d797655109.jpg

Yeah I'm thinking the 2.5's will also be great for the batches I really wanna age out - one to drink early, one to drink a while later...

Whoa! Kick ass!!!!! Best score I've seen in a while. Those things are like gold.

Don't even wanna say what I paid for the 2.5's... (He was asking less for the 2.5's than the 5's he also had. I passed on the 5's because of condition.) Picked the 2.5's up a couple months ago - but this term has been hell. I'm just now (finals week) getting room to breathe.

They need some help, but they'll be quite serviceable. One or two may be parts kegs (some issues with the posts... but I think BKF will take care of them...)

Wednesday the 5's get reassembled and the 2.5's get dissasembled for cleaning. A whole day of finals tomorrow.

Back to studying...

Back