I really have no idea what I'm doing (fermentation chamber build)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knotquiteawake

Reaction score
JinN3yz_d.jpg

Picked up a cheap 4.6 cubic foot mini fridge off CL.
I saw a few collar builds and it looked SO SIMPLE. What I failed to remember was how awful I am at everything wood and construction. You would think making a square out of finish quality 2x4s would be simple... But I could not get it flush or even. But I soldiered on and just applied liberal amounts of liquid nails and foil tape and metal brackets and shims of wood and more liquid nails....

I'm waiting on the glue to dry for the magnetic tape. I think it's nearly a perfect seal. Hopefully it can hold at least ale Temps if not lagering in the 40s.

It's taken all day, my back hurts, I'm mostly disappointed in the results, but I've poured a tall glass of homebrew and trying to relax now.

Hint for next time: lay the refrigerator on its back, or support it somehow so the door side faces up.

Looks like you have ferm control. I'm sure it'll be fine for lagering too.

Hint for next time: lay the refrigerator on its back, or support it somehow so the door side faces up.

Looks like you have ferm control. I'm sure it'll be fine for lagering too.

I did. For some reason the wood wouldn't fit together smooth. Waiting 12 hours now before I turn it on to see how well it hold temp.

Back