I pulled the trigger on a 7 cubic ft chest freezer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GJOCONNELL

Reaction score
I finally took the plunge on the best buy sale. Price was too good to pass up and I need something to provide more chill water for the cooling looks. This way I can have enough room for a couple kegs to cold crash but have two kegs for chilled water.

I will also plump for taps once I get the collar installed. I have four flow control perlicks from morebeer just need the shanks and I might add a nitro tap.

I bought my other kegerator from CL which is a 3 tap but I ran out of room in it because I use two SS brew buckets with chilling loops and want to run a third chronical but the recovery time is too long so I need more chilled water or a ferm. chamber. Looked at getting the SS Glycol Chiller but just a little too much $. Maybe down the line but I did like the idea of being able to run four cooling loops 7 gallon and not having to worry. Wanted to save the money to buy a 7 gallon SS chron. from a member on the board (maybe both of his funds permitting).

Super stoked to get the chest freezer now I have to wait....

Crazy rambling post you've got there, but I understand your excitement. New toys always bring out the kid in all of us.

Smart move using the chilled water with the fermenters. I've been looking to go that route myself, and would also need an additional freezer. I just haven't found a good enough reason to give the wife for a fifth piece of refrigeration/freezing equipment.

Back