I need Opinions on burners before I buy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrunkenJamaal

Reaction score
I am a new brewer who has not yet brewed but I am gonna go the all grain path I have already welded my couplers on my kegs and fitted them with ball valves and thermostats. I have my march pump, now all I need is my burners but I have no Idea where to start. And anyone know where to get a killer deal on one of these?

Notcertain what type of burners you are lookig for, but Bayou classic SQ-14 or SQ-10 are decent beginner burners. I have seen a deal on the 14 at Webstaurant for $36ea when buying two. The deals are out there, just search the net

I don't know about a deal, but my recommendation would be to get a double burner if you have any thoughts about cooking with it as well. I got talked into getting this one and absolutely love it. It has a flat stand in the middle of the two burners and gives you a whole lot of surface area. If you cook seafood or anything else you can have two burners going at once for a big party. I once had a crawfish party at my house and I brewed on one side and boiled 60 lbs of mudbugs on the other! It was a great time and was real convenient.

Just my 2 pennies :mug:

I have the same agri supply burners. I run 3 burners off of one regulator. The price and function are great, but you will need to make a stand. Turkey fryers on the other hand come with the stand.

I am moving to all grain now myself. Just need to finish my keggle. I have a turkey fryer I have been using for my extract batches, and thought it would work. When I set the keggle on it last night, it does not support it. It tilts sideways.
Will both of those Bayou Classics support a keggle?
(Don't want to take over the thread, but I think the OP would want to know also).

Thanks

I don't know about a deal, but my recommendation would be to get a double burner if you have any thoughts about cooking with it as well. I got talked into getting this one and absolutely love it. It has a flat stand in the middle of the two burners and gives you a whole lot of surface area. If you cook seafood or anything else you can have two burners going at once for a big party. I once had a crawfish party at my house and I brewed on one side and boiled 60 lbs of mudbugs on the other! It was a great time and was real convenient.

Just my 2 pennies :mug:

Can you provide a link to the one you have?

I just bought the camp chef two burner from overstock $95 shipped that is typically a $160 cooker. I used it on my first batch and damn what a nice stove it is I am 6'2 and it held everything at the right height for me. The stove was also very consistent at all temps I needed. I had been looking at this stove for a long time as an addition to the camper and now it has way more use than just camping.

Can that support a 15.5 gallon keggle?

Product Description states that, "With a one-piece welded steel frame, these are the strongest cookers commercially made. They are designed for strength, function and safety." Bayou classic sells stock pots for boils that exceed 15.5 gallons. Concerns should be directed towards the supplier, or to the manufacturer of this product.

I just bought the camp chef two burner from overstock $95 shipped that is typically a $160 cooker. I used it on my first batch and damn what a nice stove it is I am 6'2 and it held everything at the right height for me. The stove was also very consistent at all temps I needed. I had been looking at this stove for a long time as an addition to the camper and now it has way more use than just camping.

Second that. I have the same stove. 2 burners at waist height is wonderful. Sturdy and even burning. Well worth the 99 bucks. You back will thank you.

Second that. I have the same stove. 2 burners at waist height is wonderful. Sturdy and even burning. Well worth the 99 bucks. You back will thank you.

I never expected that stove to big that big and sturdy that thing is built like a Sherman Tank!

Caution: keggles don't fit on a SP10 unless you modify the grate that sits above the burner. I found this out the hard way.

I read somewhere on here before that the SQ14 would fit a keggle just fine, it's just a few dollars more than the v10

Back