I need a grain mill.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bennihana

Reaction score
I need a grain mill, but i live overseas and am putting together a one shipment type thing. so i am am looking for a grain mill either corona style which i need for about $15 including shipping or a roller style mill for under $60 shipping included. can anybody help direct me where to go for a mill?

I am also in the search for a grain mill, the research I have been doing seems to point that the barley crusher seems to be the best for the price/value but that's $140. I don't know if I have seen a mill for as low as $60 but the website homebrewfinds.com has daily deals and finds on random equipment and supplies. You may want to check there...

IMO, you won't find either new at those prices. Maybe $20 US for a Corona style, probably over $100 for a roller mill unless you go DIY and build your own base and hopper.

You might get lucky and find one used by someone getting out of brewing or getting rid of older equipment.

Shipping would be almost surely be additional!

Yeah those are the same prices that i seem to be finding too. The only problem is i live in Denmark and nobody will ship a corona mill for a decent price. I have found them on ebay.uk but shipping is still $50 and for the total i can buy the corona mill at the brewstore for the same price. Looks like im just going to have to shell out the money.

That stinks. How much more is the roller mill at your store?

The corona mill at the homebrew store is $80 and the roller mills were over 200. Its hard to find things locally since i cant scour the classifies since i am still trying to learn the language.

Yikes. Idk if I would spend 80$ on a corona....but I guess if that's all you have. I wonder how much it would cost me to ship one to you.

I looked. Would be the same price.

Thanks for looking around, its nice to see other homebrewers helping each other out. I guess ill just have to take the kick in the gut and spend the 80 for the corona mill. But i can wait to do that until i go there to pick up all my bulk grains. Hopefully by then i can find something cheaper in Germany or something.

I would look through some pages in the ugly junk thread to see if it's the corona that will work for you.

Anyway, good luck!

If it were up to me I'd spend the $200.

Paying almost $100 for something that requires DIY vs spending $200 for something that is basically guaranteed on parts/etc...

Back