I messed up...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ctayl9jq

Reaction score
So, i was doing two brews two separate pots at once both called for dme, one needed 8 lbs the other was a 3 gallon batch and needed 4 lbs. I started the first batch and gave it 4# got to the second batch and realized I only bought 9# total.. So long story short the second beer (a double ipa) ended with 5 # instead of 8. As expected og was quite low (shooting for 1.088 got 1.067). So, lower ABV what else can I expect as a result of this, will fg possibly go lower than I had previously been shooting for also less malty, anyone think the favors will be Noticable, I have brewed this beer a few times, just let this one get away from me.

Also- yesterday was a bad brew day, other recipe called for .6# of crystal60l. For some reason I brewed with 2#lbs- was brewing a jalapeño ipa looks like I'm doing a jalapeño amber ipa now, who knows may be delicious...

Sounds like you'll have a single IPA, nothing wrong with that. It will probably be on the bitter side since you were hopping for a 1.088 beer, but again, nothing wrong with that. How many IBUs? The jalapeno beer may be a bit sweet, but could play well with the peppers.

I figured it would be bitter, but that's a good thing, I can't remember how baby ibu's, I'll check when I get home later. Thanks for the help

Latest posts

Back