I may be getting a hop plant and it wasn't even my idea!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CatHead

Reaction score
I was sitting in the living room and my wife said she found something in one of my tree catalogs that she wanted to get. When I asked her what, she told me she couldn't remember what it was called and she went to get a catalog and came back to it opened to none other than hops. She said she thought it would look good growing up our storage building. I was like I don't know if you get that I will probably need to order something too. Although I may get in trouble when she catches me picking and drying them and figures out she was had.

They are very attractive plants. But I'd get a rhizome from a variety you would use, as some of the decorative varieties aren't much good for brewing plus you may not know what kind they are, or you may get a male plant.

Rhizomes are like $5, or if you wait until spring I'm sure a few of us will have extras we'd send to you for the cost of shipping, depending on where you are located.

That is awesome. I wish you luck - I love my hops, and they do make great "green-screen". I have summer privacy from the back lane, and a couple pounds of Goldings in the fall. I don't see a downside!!!

I will definitely get one that I will use. I know one variety they had was Cascade and I am a pretty big fan of Pale Ales so that is probably the one I would get.

Back