I love fall.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boostsr20

Reaction score
Solely for this reason.
IMG_9530.jpg

Founders Breakfast Stout is back on shelves and it's easily one of my top 10 beers to drink. One of the best Stouts around. Then they also release Nemesis a once ever brewed recipe. Last year was an awesome Wheat Wine and this year its a 100+ IBU 12% Black Barley Wine.

Oh, and trees turning to fall colors is pretty cool too. :)

Drank the Nemesis and the Breakfast stout tonight. The nemesis is sooooo drinkable for a 12% beer, its insane. Its also nuts to smell a hop aroma from that dark of a beer. The bitterness from the hops perfectly balances the alcohol content. I would put it right up there with Port Brewings Older Viscosity Ale for my favortie non stout dark beer.

I passed on nemisis this weekend I just wasn't in the mood to drop $20 on a 4 pack of something no one had drank before. I like adventure but just not for this I guess, i'll probably regret it.

$20.......and still stay married?lol, not likely.

I may try the stout.

$5 a beer for a 12% beer is far more financial sound than buying ****ty BMC at the bar for $5.... You just need to make her realize that. It is easily worth it. Nemesis is made every year, but every year its a completely different brew. I'd pay $30 for a 4 pack. Also consider the price of Bombers from other brewers. Any 12% bomber is going to run you 15-20 bucks.

Not sure if its too late to find in Philly but I live 20 miles from the brewery and I only know of 1 case left in town. I already spent my limit on it.

I passed on nemisis this weekend I just wasn't in the mood to drop $20 on a 4 pack of something no one had drank before. I like adventure but just not for this I guess, i'll probably regret it.

Have you ever had a bad beer from founders? LOL

BTW, this beer is amazing. I'd put it on par with their KBS....

:D You won't be sorry. Worst case, you can always find people on the west coast wanting it badly. I've been offered a bottle for bottle trade for Pliny.

R U serious! Cerise is awesome. Its my wifes favorite beer. Its like the perfect cherry Beer. Everytime they have it on tap I always get a "black and tan" with it.

Back