I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ischiavo,

I'm truly happy for you and your family. I don't know what a white pine is, I'm guessing (guessing mind you) the only reason you mentioned it is because it isn't the traditional ... ? Shoot man, I don't know.

As far as Im concerned you could have bought a 20 foot garden pole because the most important, the most precious is decorating the tree with you family. Lifetime memories my bro. That's all I'm saying. You're a good man, Ischiavo. Truly, truly. Merry Christmas Bro.
Feliz Navidad . The song goes on for awhile! :)

http://youtu.be/RTtc2pM1boE

Thanks Dan. Happy holidays to you and yours.

My son turns 10. My SWMBO made the cake. HE LOVES MINDCRAFT!

Cheers
Jay

IMG_20141213_170535_989.jpg

IMG_20141213_182928_616.jpg

Love to see the pics of the kids. It's all about the kids when the holidays come to my house.

Here's a little jazz tonight. I happened to hear a great version of this same song from Amy Winehouse tonight. She was so good, can't believe she's gone.

For your late night soundtrack, James Moody. I've always love this song. If you do too, maybe check out Winehouse's version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my son racking the wort into the carboy. He's a better brewer than me.

Well that's because he dresses better! HaaaaaHaaaaa

We had to do another little celebration with the other half of the family.

Ya know.. What kid wouldn't want a "COUPLE" of birthdays in Dec so close to Christmas...LOL

He looks like a crazy kid... Ohhh, that's because HE IS A CRAZY KID!

Cheers
Jay

IMG_20141215_201124_647.jpg

Love to see the pics of the kids. It's all about the kids when the holidays come to my house.

Here's a little jazz tonight. I happened to hear a great version of this same song from Amy Winehouse tonight. She was so good, can't believe she's gone.

For your late night soundtrack, James Moody. I've always love this song. If you do too, maybe check out Winehouse's version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tF2ap4aeUs

I saw him in a small venue in Atlanta GA back in like 2001 or 2002 at least I am fairly sure it was him. Didn't even really know who he was at the time. My girlfriend at the time was REALLY into Jazz and Blues and drug me to this club in Atlanta. I only went because I knew the sax would be KILLER after ;). But it turns out I really did have a great time. There were like 3 or 4 guys playing that night Sax, Harmonicas some Banjo looking thing. But James really stole the show I think!

Cheers
Jay

That's fantastic!
Doing pretty fabulous myself buddy!

Much better than I was doing at the beginning of the year, at least...

See what a year under the belt and a different outlook will do!

Now enjoy that Cigar and prepare for your birthday!

I might just have to partake myself this evening. Its raining like CRAZY but a walk in the rain sounds nice to me right about now!

Cheers
Jay

See what a year under the belt and a different outlook will do!

Now enjoy that Cigar and prepare for your birthday!

I might just have to partake myself this evening. Its raining like CRAZY but a walk in the rain sounds nice to me right about now!

Cheers
Jay

Thanks my friend. It truly was enjoyed.

Rain would be nice. We don't get a lot of that here..

Thanks my friend. It truly was enjoyed.

Rain would be nice. We don't get a lot of that here..

We have not got much here in the last year or 2. So I am REALLY REALLY REALLY happy to see it raining and my lakes filling! I love boating in the summer and my go to, Shasta Lake has bent sitting at 160 + ft low so to see it come up almost 20 feet in 5 days is KILLER!!!!

I think I just went to ramble/babble town....LOL

Cheers
Jay

Hope all is well late nite critters. Jay, glad to see the water level rising. Stauff, you're the man. Hope biz is keeping you busy and the family is well. I truly hope the holiday season brings you comfort.

For your late nite soundtrack, Terry Jacks. I'm sure some of you old foggies remember this one.

I'm making a sourdough chocolate chip cookie. Nowhere near as complex but its a start.
Whoa! I like the idea of sourdough chocolate chip cookies! That sounds fantastic! Sourdough and chocolate.... two of my favorite things!
Stauff, you're the man. Hope biz is keeping you busy and the family is well. I truly hope the holiday season brings you comfort.

Thanks a lot PP. I really appreciate that. We're doing well right now, and hopefully the new year will be good for us. Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Thanks. I'll let you in on a little secret... shhh... only tell your best friends...

it's a wonderful life.

Can I be a best friend? I want in on the secret too...

It "is" a wonderful life! We are on the north side of dirt, we have beer and great buddies! Cigars and Spirits! Ahhhhhhhh ;)

Cheers gents!
Jay

Stauffbier! Merry Christmas good friend! So happy to see you here this time of year and hear all is going well for you!

Reading through the above few posts, seems like the three Wise Men, got together. Pappy, Mike and Jaybird!

Merry Christmas to you fellas and to your family. Ischiavo, certainly brings credibility to the fact there were four wise men. ����

Cheers to you all, Hippy Holidays and good health to you.

Here's a couple old guys, even old when this first played

Bing Crosby and David Bowie

Hey, Late Nighters. It's been a while since I checked in here. Glad to see all seems well.

I just wanted to share a short video of my son. Somebody had to have some musical talent in my family, I know I don't have it. Ha!

http://youtu.be/rqGmWMHU6qY

Hey CGVT! Great to hear from you. Your son sounds great!

Sons, everything we are and more!!

That's fantastic!
Doing pretty fabulous myself buddy!

Much better than I was doing at the beginning of the year, at least...

Great to hear Stauff. We have good prospects ahead for the new year as well. Tough times suck but getting through and back on your feet is very rewarding. It's been years since finances haven't affected the holidays for us. It feels great to not worry this year. Happy holidays to you and your family and I'm raising a drink to your prosperous new year.

Hey, Late Nighters. It's been a while since I checked in here. Glad to see all seems well.

I just wanted to share a short video of my son. Somebody had to have some musical talent in my family, I know I don't have it. Ha!

http://youtu.be/rqGmWMHU6qY

Sweet sounding rig. Makes me miss playing. It's been a few years since I picked it up. Guitar is a great hobby. Very relaxing. Hope he keeps it up. He has some talent for sure.

Stauffbier! Merry Christmas good friend! So happy to see you here this time of year and hear all is going well for you!

Reading through the above few posts, seems like the three Wise Men, got together. Pappy, Mike and Jaybird!

Merry Christmas to you fellas and to your family. Ischiavo, certainly brings credibility to the fact there were four wise men. 😉😉

Cheers to you all, Hippy Holidays and good health to you.

Here's a couple old guys, even old when this first played

Bing Crosby and David Bowie

http://youtu.be/DiXjbI3kRus

Bing Crosby is Christmas music. Period. You left yourself out of the wiseman list Dan. That is unacceptable. You can have my spot and are certainly much more worthy.

Thanks lschiavo and Dan!

It's good to "see" you! I'm glad you're doing well.

Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year to you!

Heck, my real house doesn't even have a carport. I really want to build one..

Eating chocolate chip cookies, smoking a cigar, and drinking a Ten FIDY...

Life is good!

Cheers friends!

Cheers fellas!

I'm digging the good vibes around here. Right back at ya!

Jay, the cigars were an awesome treat!

I pounded mochi rice for the first time this year. It's my wife's family tradition rooted in Japaneseness. First sweet rice is soaked in water a day or so. Then steamed in wooden boxes over a wood fire, ( we used my propane burner this year - yay brew ing) then the men pound the rice into a shiny sticky dough. The women make mochi balls out of it.

To be honest the taste, to me is as appealing as eating bland rubber. But the making of the mochi is fun. Decent work out as well

A couple pics of me, my nephew, and my daughter's BF, this past weekend.

Great work out! Especially for this old guy. 😄

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1419273663.587816.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1419273683.796714.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1419273734.015881.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1419273763.576005.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1419273793.598568.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1419273821.745532.jpg

AWESOME! Hay man you are very welcome for the Cigars! Have a GREAT Christmas man!

I have heard the expression "go pound sand" But never "pounding rice" I LOVE IT!

What is the vessel the rice is in Dan?

Cheers Brother!

Jay

Back