I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think there's a little microbrewery opening right on Clearwater Beach, but not for a while.

There's a bunch nearby. I'm probably forgetting a few.

Dunedin Brewery
Barley Mow
Cycle Brewing
Green Bench Brewing
St. Somewhere (saisons)
Rapp Brewing

In Tampa, Cigar City is the place to go. There's also Tampa Bay Brewing and Florida Avenue.

I bike through Clearwater Beach most weekends. I usually stop at a coffee shop there on Mandalay. PM me if you want to grab a cup in the early AM.

Will do!

Hello friends!

I hope you're all well.

LRB, I hope everything went well with the procedure. My mom recently had to do the same thing. It healed up really quick, and you can't tell it ever happened.

I wanted to take a moment to do a shout out to our good friend Dan. I received a really awesome gift in the mail from him today. It's a book about bread baking, and I'm very excited to dive into it and get inspiration and knowledge about bread making. I've had a sourdough starter going for a few days now. It's just starting to develop some bubbles and a pleasant sour smell. I look forward to using it for the recipes in the book!

Thanks again Dan. You're one hell of a great guy, and a very generous friend! This book will be treasured and well used!

IMG-20140304-00850 (2).jpg

Had some skin cancer removed from my face today. Ouch. A hat is in my future.

Had skin cancer removed from under my left ear a few years ago. Doc wanted me to be sure I understood that it wasn't a dangerous form. He said most people stop listening with the word cancer. Said its mostly a guys thing, especially on the left side of our face, neck and left arm. Its cause us men prefer to drive rather than let the wife do it..mmmmm..for me thats true. It wasn't the cancer itself that scared me, it was the surgery. Took repeated trips to the chair, almost all day. Kinda got me thinking about the future. Now its sun screen and hats for me in sunny AZ. Constantly looking for strange skin color and bumps. All is well now but on the watch. Hope all is well with you LRB.

Had some skin cancer removed from my face today. Ouch. A hat is in my future.

Here's to a quick recovery and your future good health:mug:

Hello friends!

I wanted to take a moment to do a shout out to our good friend Dan. I received a really awesome gift in the mail from him today. It's a book about bread baking, and I'm very excited to dive into it and get inspiration and knowledge about bread making. I've had a sourdough starter going for a few days now. It's just starting to develop some bubbles and a pleasant sour smell. I look forward to using it for the recipes in the book!

Thanks again Dan. You're one hell of a great guy, and a very generous friend! This book will be treasured and well used!

Dan is a great guy. He is there when I need a little encouragement. He shares his troubles openly which, for me, helps me to realize that I am not alone. He would give the shirt off his back for a friend and certainly the book off his shelf. Let us all raise one to our good friend Dan. :mug:

Hope all went well, it's a scary word.

Thanks everyone. It is a scary word, and it took my grandfather and his sister. Nonetheless, if had *had* to get a cancer this would be on the top of my list. Slow moving, common, treatable. It did take all morning, and multiple trips to the chair, but it is nice that there is a clear plan to treat it. Half a day, all gone. I wish everyone else with cancer had it so easy. Its really a non-issue, just a tax for too much time at the beach.

On a cheerful note, I had a Stone Brewery "Go to IPA". Its a session IPA. It was a fresh keg so that probably helped, but dear god it was great. So much citrus fruity hops, so well balanced in a low(er) alcohol brew. Hats off (in the shade) to them.

On a cheerful note, I had a Stone Brewery "Go to IPA". Its a session IPA. It was a fresh keg so that probably helped, but dear god it was great. So much citrus fruity hops, so well balanced in a low(er) alcohol brew. Hats off (in the shade) to them.

That is only the second time I have heard the term "session IPA". I heard it first from Yooper quite a while back and she has been working on a few versions for a while. I know I am a bit removed from the beer scene around here but a session IPA is a great idea IMO.

I just finished spraying the second coat of paint on 2/3's of my new kitchen cabinet doors. I finally gave in and thinned the acrylic latex paint 10% with water and it sprays like a dream now. The finish is beautiful. Sherwin Williams will not tell you that thinning is an option. Two clear coats and I think I will be done with the doors. I really enjoy wood finishing of any sort. I hate the cleanup.

Hello friends!

I hope you're all well.

LRB, I hope everything went well with the procedure. My mom recently had to do the same thing. It healed up really quick, and you can't tell it ever happened.

I can make some great pretzels. Bread I haven't done. Lye is a must for a great pretzel.

That is only the second time I have heard the term "session IPA". I heard it first from Yooper quite a while back and she has been working on a few versions for a while. I know I am a bit removed from the beer scene around here but a session IPA is a great idea IMO.

I just finished spraying the second coat of paint on 2/3's of my new kitchen cabinet doors. I finally gave in and thinned the acrylic latex paint 10% with water and it sprays like a dream now. The finish is beautiful. Sherwin Williams will not tell you that thinning is an option. Two clear coats and I think I will be done with the doors. I really enjoy wood finishing of any sort. I hate the cleanup.

I have been cleaning kegs tonight. My absolute least favorite part of the brewing cycle. I guess it's better than cleaning bottles though.

I'm trying to figure out the difference between a session ipa and a hoppy blonde ale. Either way, not my style.

I have been cleaning kegs tonight. My absolute least favorite part of the brewing cycle. I guess it's better than cleaning bottles though.

I'm trying to figure out the difference between a session ipa and a hoppy blonde ale. Either way, not my style.

I make my best effort to clean a keg as soon as it kicks and put it on the shelf with the rest of the clean ones. Too often I don't and call myself some bad names for not doing so. Cleaning bottles smaller than growlers gives me nightmares. Although, I do keep a small collection of grolch style flip tops that (always) get rinsed out immediately.

I like a hoppy beer or two but I usually brew 20 IBU or less. I think I get above average extraction though.

I've been using the drill spun cleaner that I bought after I bought the sanke keg cleaner. It works great. I get a mirror finish inside but I also take out the popits and diptubes to clean too. Maybe a bit overkill since I also sanatize with a full keg and pressure transfer the sanatizer but better safe than sorry.

One keg I opened up and I thought ...damn that smells great. Inside was a pint of beer and several oz of dry hops in a bag. Ah. The memories.

If it ever warms up I've got five muddy kegs full of Pepsi to clean that I found at the scrap yard. I've found 20 so far .....a great savings but a pain to clean.

I've been using the drill spun cleaner that I bought after I bought the sanke keg cleaner. It works great. I get a mirror finish inside but I also take out the popits and diptubes to clean too. Maybe a bit overkill since I also sanatize with a full keg and pressure transfer the sanatizer but better safe than sorry.

I think the proper term is anal. Do you have a diptube brush? If so, you're in the club.

If it ever warms up I've got five muddy kegs full of Pepsi to clean that I found at the scrap yard. I've found 20 so far .....a great savings but a pain to clean.

20 cornies are worth the effort. You could make a few bucks off of those.

It is almost Pinewood Derby time again as I am sure you all know. The boys did the rough cutting and I did the disc sander (they are still a little young). The top one will be a wedge of cheese (swiss with some soon to be holes drilled). The bottom one will be whatever he wants (he is not even officially a scout yet). The rest is up to them although I will give some advice on the wheels and axles.

thumb2_img_20140304_225602_356-62379.jpg

Yep, I have a diptube brush. I actually need 2 more kegs. Not gonna sell them. I plan on filling 22 by the 10th of May. I have a big maifest party and am working on a 12 tap keezer.

It is almost Pinewood Derby time again as I am sure you all know. The boys did the rough cutting and I did the disc sander (they are still a little young). The top one will be a wedge of cheese (swiss with some soon to be holes drilled). The bottom one will be whatever he wants (he is not even officially a scout yet). The rest is up to them although I will give some advice on the wheels and axles.

thumb2_img_20140304_225602_356-62379.jpg

That's a cool thing. I'd like to build one sometime. Is it difficult?

I like ambitious plans. Good luck and if you need my address to mail the invite, let me know;)

Everyone is invited. I've been drawing off a pils that is great at 45 days. Pic is on phone I'll post in next post.

Been a rough winter...react to party

Wow 20? Thats geat. I have a drill cleaner but it seems the cloth flaps just wrap around the polll. Not effective. Maybe im doing it wrong .

I bought this one. I remove the dip tubes first. I got the sanke cleaner cause I can't get in there with a brush. Works like a charm. I wrote a review on it in the review section. Good for a lazy brewer like me.

On the beer in the pic. Still getting full body carbed but it's already damn good.

That beer was brewed late January. German pils. I think I brewed it jan 21. It's a great tasting beer. No fining on this one either.

I bought this one. I remove the dip tubes first. I got the sanke cleaner cause I can't get in there with a brush. Works like a charm. I wrote a review on it in the review section. Good for a lazy brewer like me.

I stapled a scotch brite pad to a dowel rod (broken broom handle). I'm not terribly lazy but am ridiculously frugal. Duct tape does not meet my standards though.

I stapled a scotch brite pad to a dowel rod (broken broom handle). I'm not terribly lazy but am ridiculously frugal. Duct tape does not meet my standards though.

Should work ok.

Got a pizza going. Was on a diet. Screw it too much fun tonight.

Back