I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your dad sounds like a very good man. Love given unselfishly and unconditionally seems normal to me. But I know for a fact not everybody sees it like you and your folks do. I'd like to believe those people make up a small proportion of the world.

Your sis? If I'm not being to forward, may I ask what happened to her?

A "NO" is perfectly understandable, TC.

No worries Dan. She died with a strange form of leukemia during her birth of my step(niece/nephew). I never got to know her, and her child passed with her. Dad had a heart bigger than I can even fathom. His capacity to love despite that crushing loss, I was too young to understand it at the time but I understand it clearly now. Life is finite but love is forever.

MAN I LIKE THIS TIME OF NIGHT ON HBT!

Great read Thunder Chicken! Sounds like you have come from a great loving family and you dad sounds like he is a wonderful man. My SWMBO is reading the book on Buddhism at the moment. She likes how its able to help her focus on the good in all things. she calls it "finding her center". I like that!

Cheers
Jay

I'm very sorry for your sister's unfair short life, and for your family's loss.

Life does take us on a few turns along the way. I sure haven't figured it out yet.

Peace and serenity my brother. Cause we are all, family.

Dad was a great and loving man. He passed on in 2005. I hope to give as much love as he did.

Finding your place of peace is a really important thing, no matter what name you assign to the practice. My life does not belong to me; it belongs to the next generations. If I can teach them to aspire and love as much as my dad did, all will be well.

Dad was a great and loving man. He passed on in 2005. I hope to give as much love as he did.

Finding your place of peace is a really important thing, no matter what name you assign to the practice. My life does not belong to me; it belongs to the next generations. If I can teach them to aspire and love as much as my dad did, all will be well.

Well said my man! Well said!

I'm very sorry for your sister's unfair short life, and for your family's loss.

Life does take us on a few turns along the way. I sure haven't figured it out yet.

Peace and serenity my brother. Cause we are all, family.

Dan, nothing is good or bad. It simply is. There isn't a God in the sky that worked things just to deprive me of a father or a sister. It just was. Tragic, sad, but just the way things are. You can be sad at the turn of events, but I choose to see the love that perservered despite the loss.

Whether you see something as good or bad is a choice. I choose to see the good as much as my feeble spirit can.

TC, you're a good person and I think a very humble man. The two go hand in hand. You are obviously no slouch and based upon your achievements could be a braggart. But you do not take that path.

TC, you're a good person and I think a very humble man. The two go hand in hand. You are obviously no slouch and based upon your achievements could be a braggart. But you do not take that path.

That's a false path, and you and I know it as such. I do not expect my name or my father's name to be known years from now, but I hope that I can teach a few others about the importance of humility. It is a subtle difference between pride and knowledge.

Thunder_Chicken said:
That's a false path, and you and I know it as such. I do not expect my name or my father's name to be known years from now, but I hope that I can teach a few others about the importance of humility. It is a subtle difference between pride and knowledge.

Agreed.

Dan said:
Do you ever wonder if you'll meet people in

as I I was typing my finger hit reply so the thought didnt go out.

Now I've lost the thought. I should probably sleep soon

I finally got my jeep that I bought home that I bought months ago. I am really looking forward to stripping it down and rebuilding it back to its former glory. First thing I will do is rebuild the transmission then the engine. Hehe as if I got nothing but time right. Oh well I figure this is going to be a project for me or more likely a midlife crisis as my wife calls it:rockin:

Some time this week I need to start laying out the shop that I am going to build for the new store. Hoping to get that going next spring so I can be selling beer stuff by next fall. I am thinking on keeping the layout like a late 1800's store selling a little of everything but having the main income coming from brew supplies. I like old stuff and have plenty to decorate the store with....Including myself:D

Out of curiosity, what do you guys think about using wheat in a RIS? I've read about people doing it. I've never had a stout with wheat in it. I want to brew a very big RIS this weekend, but I'm short on 2 Row. I have some wheat I could add, which would bring my gravity up closer to where I want it to be.

MAN I LIKE THIS TIME OF NIGHT ON HBT!

Great read Thunder Chicken! Sounds like you have come from a great loving family and you dad sounds like he is a wonderful man. My SWMBO is reading the book on Buddhism at the moment. She likes how its able to help her focus on the good in all things. she calls it "finding her center". I like that!

Cheers
Jay
Interesting. Centering is a foundation meditative state in sorcery. It's very useful in and of it's self too.

I finally got my jeep that I bought home that I bought months ago. I am really looking forward to stripping it down and rebuilding it back to its former glory. First thing I will do is rebuild the transmission then the engine. Hehe as if I got nothing but time right. Oh well I figure this is going to be a project for me or more likely a midlife crisis as my wife calls it:rockin:...
When my home improvement grinds to a halt in 20 years or so, I've got some vague plans to do this with an old mustang. Beautiful cars. :)

Out of curiosity, what do you guys think about using wheat in a RIS? I've read about people doing it. I've never had a stout with wheat in it. I want to brew a very big RIS this weekend, but I'm short on 2 Row. I have some wheat I could add, which would bring my gravity up closer to where I want it to be.

I am drinking a few nearly carbed pislner porters right now. It seems that pilsner is not so popular in a Porter but we had some to use up so it was the base malt in this one. I am loving it. It may be one of the best porters we have made...and it's always been our best beer. I would use the wheat no problem. I have a lot of wheat malt to use somwhere as well.

When my home improvement grinds to a halt in 20 years or so, I've got some vague plans to do this with an old mustang. Beautiful cars. :)

Mustangs are overdone. Do a Pinto station wagon. Not much different than the Mustang hatchbacks and way cooler;) I have a 74 super beetle that may be a project for me in 20 years. Maybe sooner if I can get my boys intersted.

Wow! What a glorious morning! Blue skies with white puffy clouds, clean air and perfect temperature.

Happy Veterans Day!

Thank you Vets. I couldn't see my dad today but I sat with the boys and explaind why while sending him a text. I fortunatly cannot relate to serving in a war. I hope my boys can say the same at my age.

I am drinking a few nearly carbed pislner porters right now. It seems that pilsner is not so popular in a Porter but we had some to use up so it was the base malt in this one. I am loving it. It may be one of the best porters we have made...and it's always been our best beer. I would use the wheat no problem. I have a lot of wheat malt to use somwhere as well.

Yeah, I think I've made up my mind to go ahead and use it. Now I'm debating whether I want to do a protein rest to help with the wheat haze or not..

Yeah, I think I've made up my mind to go ahead and use it. Now I'm debating whether I want to do a protein rest to help with the wheat haze or not..

I have done some rediculous step mashes with wheat. And some batches with a single infusion. I never had haze in a beer I expected to be clear either way. I did make a few very nice beers with wheat and step mashes though...

I have done some rediculous step mashes with wheat. And some batches with a single infusion. I never had haze in a beer I expected to be clear either way. I did make a few very nice beers with wheat and step mashes though...

Yeah I'm thinking F-it! It's a dark a$$ stout. Plus it's going to be cellared for a year, and everything will probably drop out clear in that time either way..

lschiavo said:
Thank you Vets. I couldn't see my dad today but I sat with the boys and explaind why while sending him a text. I fortunatly cannot relate to serving in a war. I hope my boys can say the same at my age.

Wouldn't it be nice. Truly. I hope your wishes for your boys come true Ischiavo.
http://youtu.be/ZVlVmv0K-pk

Well now I am bored. I fixed my Mother Inlaws car yesterday so I was busy on my first day of not working but today I did nothing at all and I am bored stiff. I guess I will crack a few beers and brew a batch :)

Going to be a long winter I can tell if I am bored already. I am just waiting for my wife to start hounding me to get a job not for the money but to get me out of the house hehe

Mustangs are overdone. Do a Pinto station wagon. Not much different than the Mustang hatchbacks and way cooler;) I have a 74 super beetle that may be a project for me in 20 years. Maybe sooner if I can get my boys intersted.
Uh no. If I get really lucky I'll get to do a dodge viper defender. Not because I think they are that great of a car, but because they just look so freaking cool. :)

199x%20Dodge%20Viper%20Defender%20Concept%20Car%20Silver%20Frt%20Qtr.jpg

Good work, Bobbii! Next time, you should scam a ride up my way! I won't even make you work for room and board! Hell, I'll just follow you around to see what's what and have some fun :)

I meant to tell you the other day, some day I might just do that!! In fact, since Massachusetts is on the east coast, that's along the Amtrak route, I could stowaway on a train for that and they serve beer on trains!!! To stow away on Amtrak, you have to go to the stops that allow smoke breaks. Then you mingle and start talking to the people stepping off the train for a smoke, the conductor doesn't pay attention as people finish their cigarettes and re-board. Just kidding, I wouldn't stowaway on a bus or train just to go on vacation. It was an emergency!

This morning I brought the extra mustard greens I started to the "neighbors". I drove my broken down van to transport them. My son tagged along and then I "helped" getting them planted. Basically, I followed the wife around, dug up what she just planted and re-did it, while her husband finally just grabbed a lounge chair and told his wife to just go grab the water hose for me. He sat there smoking a cigarette and calling me a horticulturist. Hmm, I gave them a dozen eggs also, then left. Last week I gave them almost 10 gallons of my homemade compost. I told the wife, mix it with some sand, our native soil, and you'll be good to go. Plenty of greens this Florida winter. The husband is from the North, in the states, and doesn't know how to grow stuff here. Not yet, anyway.

Anyway, we are having fun around here! My son is here for a visit and things are growing.

BobbiLynn said:
I meant to tell you the other day, some day I might just do that!! In fact, since Massachusetts is on the east coast, that's along the Amtrak route, I could stowaway on a train for that and they serve beer on trains!!! To stow away on Amtrak, you have to go to the stops that allow smoke breaks. Then you mingle and start talking to the people stepping off the train for a smoke, the conductor doesn't pay attention as people finish their cigarettes and re-board. Just kidding, I wouldn't stowaway on a bus or train just to go on vacation. It was an emergency!

This morning I brought the extra mustard greens I started to the "neighbors". I drove my broken down van to transport them. My son tagged along and then I "helped" getting them planted. Basically, I followed the wife around, dug up what she just planted and re-did it, while her husband finally just grabbed a lounge chair and told his wife to just go grab the water hose for me. He sat there smoking a cigarette and calling me a horticulturist. Hmm, I gave them a dozen eggs also, then left. Last week I gave them almost 10 gallons of my homemade compost. I told the wife, mix it with some sand, our native soil, and you'll be good to go. Plenty of greens this Florida winter. The husband is from the North, in the states, and doesn't know how to grow stuff here. Not yet, anyway.

Anyway, we are having fun around here! My son is here for a visit and things are growing.

If you're up here you are welcome to visit us as well!

My daughter and I at the beach, Monterey peninsula in the distant background. I'm the one with white
socks and white sneakers. Hahaha

Back