I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mojitos are a little too sweet for me, have a bunch of Key limes leftover maybe make a few for the wife she loves them.
LG that I think I will let the wife try as well, something about sweet and alcohol for me, I do enjoy a Brandy Alexander once or twice a year as desert on special occasions.

Mojitos are a little too sweet for me, have a bunch of Key limes leftover maybe make a few for the wife she loves them.
LG that I thick I will let the wife try as well, something about sweet and alcohol for me, I do enjoy a Brandy Alexander once or twice a year as desert on special occasions.

I like a sweet drink every now and again. I'm surprised you like Brandy Alexander's at all. They are pretty high on the sweet list. I actually enjoy them as well, but I typically only drink them at Holiday gatherings..

passedpawn said:
Loosen your bandana Dano. That's a spambot you're talking too.

Haha, that figures. I seem to be on a roll of screwing up the last few days. Fat figured some work on Friday and mistakenly transferred the virtual custody of 900 line items to my shop. Was an easy fix but embarrassing. Today I locked myself out of my work computer because I stupidly plugged in my phone to charge. Dumb brainless idea. Now I'm falling for spa bots!

I need a beer and a Bud is gonna gave to do.

I like Budweiser, don't tell.

Cheers. :)

I like a sweet drink every now and again. I'm surprised you like Brandy Alexander's at all. They are pretty high on the sweet list. I actually enjoy them as well, but I typically only drink them at Holiday gatherings..

After, a heavy meal out(we don't eat out at restaurants 4-5 times a year max. Msg and different spices can trigger migraines, wife doesn't cook at all.:p
I can make most things that we both like just every now and again it's nice to just set together without having to cook, clean up etc. Seems conversations have more meaning when your out.:D

Damn, sounding all mushy, going to bed will be up for work in 5 1/2 hours :drunk:

MSG. The secret ingredient that make blah food tasty. My wife is of Japanese decent, second generation American. MSG is a huge part of Japanese cooking.

Her mom until the day she died at the ripe old age of 83 used it daily. Always had a bag in the pantry

About 6-7 years ago my wife became hugely sensitive to the crap. She would swell up, get hives, her face would peel like she was shedding skin and she would itch all over. Now, it doesn't bother her. Strange.

A nice tart Key Lime pie would hit the spot from those limes Beaksnbeer. Not sure about the Brandy Alexander, beer is about it for me.

LG that I think I will let the wife try as well, something about sweet and alcohol for me, I do enjoy a Brandy Alexander once or twice a year as desert on special occasions.
I've never had a Brandy Alexander. I'll have to try one sometime. I make my mojito's with less syrup then is typical. It comes out with no more sweetness then a good lemonade.

MSG. The secret ingredient that make blah food tasty. My wife is of Japanese decent, second generation American. MSG is a huge part of Japanese cooking.

Her mom until the day she died at the ripe old age of 83 used it daily. Always had a bag in the pantry

About 6-7 years ago my wife became hugely sensitive to the crap. She would swell up, get hives, her face would peel like she was shedding skin and she would itch all over. Now, it doesn't bother her. Strange.

Wife and I both can tell when we have been dosed after eating out. Can't sleep, thirsty all night, headaches, etc.

Sailor jerry is on of my go to non whiskey beverages.

On the note of loss, a close friend's step dad died in a car wreck yesterday. He was about my age, early 40's. Head on tahoe vs semi. Having some brews remembering a good guy.

opus345 said:
Wife and I both can tell when we have been dosed after eating out. Can't sleep, thirsty all night, headaches, etc.

I don't think it has ever given me a headache or kept me from sleeping but maybe I never put two and two together. Maybe ill have to eat s bag of Chitos and and pay close attention. I know it makes my sinuses swell and Im until-quenchingly thirsty after ingesting tat garbage

Almost every processed food has MSG even if hidden in the label as natural ingredients. I believe MSG is a natural occurrence in some veggies and a doctor, I think a Japanese doctor in the early nineteenth century found a way to replicate and mass produce.

LabRatBrewer said:
I hear there is something cool in the glass on the cover, I haven't received it yet. Did you notice anything?

Iif it's not photo chopped it is truly amazing indeed!!!

Want to see or wait?

LabRatBrewer said:
See: I have no patience

I was thinking of the TopGun movie about writing a check..... Something like that. I'm in computer not iPhone mindset. Not sure how to put up a pic here using a phone. If you know how Please help. I have a good shot of the glass on my phone

I was thinking of the TopGun movie about writing a check..... Something like that. I'm in computer not iPhone mindset. Not sure how to put up a pic here using a phone. If you know how Please help. I have a good shot of the glass on my phone

I dont know the iphone app. Maybe someone will jump in

image-1865688156.jpg

Thank you for helping with this. Man, I read quickly but didn't get your name. You now who you are.

Gonna call you Lone wolf Mcquade for now. :)!

dogbar said:
Hit the reply button. Then on the next screen, hit the + sign at the top.

Dogbar, thank you

Not sure I've seen you on this thread before. Welcome new friend!

I'm looking at this again. There is the obvious. Pic of the world. There is also something else I see. Akin to looking at clouds or stars and in your head see something unexplainably true. Total clarity.

This thing is like an ink blob test

Sorry to take so long to get back to you, Thunder_Chicken. Below please find my categorical favorite eateries in Astoria.

BBQ- Butcher Bar (or the Strand is a close #2)
Fish- Taverna Kyklades (be prepared for a wait)
Egytian- The Kabob Cafe (Mombar is a nice #2)
Cart Food- King of Falafel and Shawarma (also known around town as "Freddy Falafel after the guy who runs the place)
Diner- Arguably goes to Bel Aire.
Japanese/Sushi- Linn. There are those who disagree with me here... I dislike them.
Brewery- I'm told I absolutely MUST check out Single Cut... but alas I have failed to do so thus far.
Tacos- Broadway and 34th Street cart. Hell ya.

At the end of the day, however, if you asked my absolute favorite... the restaurant I would go to if I hit the lottery... Kabab Cafe. Man can take almost nothing and elevate it to incredible proportions.

More to come as I think of it.

Latest posts

Back